iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Quote from: thecfarm on March 05, 2014, 07:48:39 AM
I would almost rather see a bowl of grits in front of me than those cold temps this time of year.
At least the Grits would warm you up.  I would be concerned about the withdrawal effects on you as they wore off.   ;D

We are a wet 35° this morning.  Not raining, just wet.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have seen withdrawal from Grits......it's not pretty.  smiley_sick
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

I look at the grits situation this way,if I never start,I will never have to quit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

That other picture was taken in the wifes car at 6:50am when the it was just getting light.

Its now 8:15am and the sun is shinning and this is the temp as I let the jeep warm up so I can go check on animals.....

Autocar

Here this morning its ten degrees and calm wind. I believe there calling for a little snow later today. Grounds not froze a bit so work is at a stand still.
Bill

mesquite buckeye

My thoughts about a switch flipping are based upon the near record warm winter in the southwest and near record cold in the NE. All that has to happen is the normal west to east spring air movement and the cold will be done. I think overall the situation is near average. It's just that the cold is stuck and the heat is stuck. We shall see.

Anyway, 78 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Corley5

A couple years ago just about this time we had snow storm that dumped 20" on us followed by a few days of cold but a week later it was 87 degrees.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

Hey, Chevy I'm not arguing whether you had the coldest winter in your records. Could very well be. In 2008, that was our record year. This year ain't even close for the amount of snow or cold for us. :) It's certainly been cold, but not many mornings lower than -10F here. January if you recall we had a lot more mild days out this way and you couldn't fathom it. Oh well. :D ;)

Yes in 2012, I took photos of aspen (on this forum) flowering the end of March and a week of 70's degrees, not sustained, but farmers were on the fields by May 1st. :) We had major floods in towns.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I am hoping to see all above freezing temps at high noon in the next 8 day forecast tomorrow night. Tomorrow was the only below freezing day. Looks like something next Wed,snow than rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

I had -5 for a low, 1 above now. Some place was suppose to be in the -20 range. I guess them was the so called valleys. Looking forward to the warm up. Hope it don't come and go so quick,I miss it. Sun is out nice and strong for now.

Autocar

Its in the teens here and the wind is out of the northeast, I don't think theres any direction colder then a northest wind. Weather man says its suppose to get better as the week goes on . I can't wait Ive had enough  ::).
Bill

isawlogs

-30°C again this morning, winter that does not want to end....    :snowball:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mesquite buckeye

Partly cloudy and 84 ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Now where did I put that suntan lotion?
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sawguy21

You keep this up us northerners will get you.  ;D Mind you, you can keep your 115 to yourself this summer. I can't handle that for long.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mesquite buckeye

Already 132 in the greenhouses. Even the saguaros were sweating. ;D

isawlogs

I can always put on another layer or another log wich ever suits me at that time, what will you do this summer...  :snowball: :snowball:   ;D  Mr. Sunbather  :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chain

The new 8-14 day forecast finally shows the center of arctic cold moving to the Northeast where it is supposed to be, for crying out loud!

That means the upper mid-west, south and plains will now begin to return to more normal temps for March. Dryer conditions may prevail in middle south.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: isawlogs on March 06, 2014, 10:54:05 AM
I can always put on another layer or another log wich ever suits me at that time, what will you do this summer...  :snowball: :snowball:   ;D  Mr. Sunbather  :D

That is so mean spirited I don't know what to say. :'(

Now I have to go outside and get rid of the flannel shirt cause it's too warm for that. ;D

Not summer yet. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

When summer comes it feels like the sun goes right through you, it is so intense. Pretty tough from about Mid May to Mid September. Most of that time it is still nice at night and early in the morning.  ;D
The rich guys head up your way for those 4 months. That is not me. :(

You do save money on heat and winter clothes. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Raider Bill

Tornado warnings just went off here. Water Spout 3 miles off shore headed this way.

yikes_smiley yikes_smiley go_away Good bye cruel world.

Update, getting 3 inchs of rain per hour right now.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Chuck White

We had -20° at 6:30AM and +22° now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Finally a "warm" day UP here. Started the morning at -8° and it got up to 29°. Looks like a few more days like this on tap.

SwampDonkey

I think the cooling off bill would offset any heat savings. ;D I know a fellow up here that lived in a trailer. His electric bill was the same winter and summer, over $300/mo. But you don't think of it being hot up here in summer. It is if you have to swing a saw in it. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We had a drizzly, nasty, dreary, foggy, and wet day today.  That and most of my day was "windshield" time.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If you look on the S.C. weather map right now......you will see a flood in progress.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!