iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Who is this carman of which you speak? ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Another cold 'no sap' day. -1F and sunny.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Same here today, 0°F.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Yep,that big storm,most of it out to sea. Good thing too,by what they said.
Low was 2,it's 6 now and looks to be very sunny out. Just a little on the cool side going out to fill the OWB.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

84 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

The sun went from warm to hot last week, but the air is still nice.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

I built another flicker this morning.   fire_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

0° this morning and it has warmed up to 11° but the wind has picked up and the windchill is now below zero. According to the guessers this will be about the high for the day. Warmer tomorrow but then more snow on Thursday....

Ryan D

Quote from: thecfarm on March 25, 2014, 07:48:05 AM
Yep,that big storm,most of it out to sea. Good thing too,by what they said.
Low wss 2,it's 6 now and looks to be very sunny out. Just a little on the cool side going out to fill the OWB.

I don't think we'll get so lucky here in NS. Calling for 24 hours of blizzard conditions and near hurricane force winds with over a foot of snow. They are comparing it to the blizzard of '04 which blasted us with nearly 3 feet of snow, and also the perfect storm (the one in the movie) from '91.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/a-winter-hurricane-possibly-the-strongest-storm-of-the-year-to-hit-atlantic-canada/23856/

isawlogs

Stoems in late march carry heavy snow that is a pain to deal with. This morning was another coldy at -18°C and now it is -10°C Sun is out but we did get a dusting of snow an hour ago.  :laugh: :snowball:

Mesquite, leave Karma along send some  smiley_sun smiley_peace
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Same here Marcel, it climbed fast from 10:00 am until now 11:30 am. It was still -18C at 10:00 am. , in the shade. Suppose to reach -4 C today.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Who the F is this C of which you speak? ;D :snowball:

SwampDonkey

He's the guy that converted the rest of the world on his temp scale and most all the scientific community. ;D

thecfarm

A very nice day to go for a ride. Just don't get out of the car. The wind has a bite to it,again.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It did reach 28F here today. Just returned from a 3 mile walk. Time fo suppa. :)

thecfarm

Must of forgot to reset the low,It said 2. No way it was that cold!! 22 out now,nothing but clouds. I am in hopes the weather guys are reading this storm right for me. Maybe 2-4 inches.

chevytaHOE5674

Brrr -12° this morning. Snow on the way tonight and tomorrow maybe up to 5".

JohnM

Weather channel site site says 3-5", NOAA says 4-10" by the time it's done.  But they both said it would start last night and nothing is happening yet. ::) ???  So sick of this winter it ain't even funny. >:(
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

isawlogs

-20°C this morning, this is to be the last of the cold, snow in the forcast for thursday then rain for friday. Spring is on its way.  8) 8)

Raider, go cut your grass, I'll just sit back here and put another log in.  fire_smiley smiley_peace
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Alcranb

27° now and looks like about 2" of snow on the ground. Hard to tell though, the wind is howling!!! and blowing it all over.
Saw a woodcock dancing around yesterday evening. Bet he's having a tough time finding breakfast :-\
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

isawlogs,I like the sounds of your forcast!! I did see above freezing temps on TV for the next 8 days.

Thursday looks close!! But it still looks good. Been a looooong times since I have seen temps like this.  ;D That will wake up the sap. Looks like we only will have one good day,one bad day and so on.

chevytaHOE5674

We have above freezing temps forecast for the weekend but another winter storm early next week and back to cold. With Lake Superior frozen up it will be a cold long spring for sure.

SwampDonkey

Yes, it does look like spring is unsprung after this storm (none here yet). 20's at night and 40's in the day is good for the sap. :)

Jim_Rogers

I saw a sign out in front of an ice parlor that read "There is quite a difference in the first day of spring and the first spring day."

Windy and cold here today, but no snow, yet.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Chuck White

I did see a couple of Red-Winged Blackbirds yesterday!

That's usually one of the first signs around here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

I'm still seeing snow buntings up here. Until they leave, there won't be any red wings or robins. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!