iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

We sure don't need another flood like back in '87.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Alcranb

55°, just a breeze and over 3 inches of rain so far. Man the oars!!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

SwampDonkey

Has gone down to 28F here and lots of snow falling from the sky. When it does warm up, the lower St John is going to get flushed out, hopefully politicians along with it. The last big flood in southern NB, they gave themselves all a nice fat raise. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Holding steady here at 33°,so far.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Got another two inches of real sticky snowman material, best snow yet to have a  :snowball: :snowball: fight, light an sticky.

Temps are sitting at 0°C
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thecfarm

WOW!! That rain and wind did a job on the snow. The snow bankens look a lot smaller and dirtier now too. The wind is blowing,but not as bad,just a heavy mist out now.

SwampDonkey

Been sleet here and that east wind goes right through walls. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on March 30, 2014, 03:12:52 PM
WOW!! That rain and wind did a job on the snow. The snow bankens look a lot smaller and dirtier now too. The wind is blowing,but not as bad,just a heavy mist out now.

Now if the sun comes out the WM open house will ok :D
A lot of snow is gone from here too. Right now it's 40 and cloudy 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter,I'll drive by and give you a full report.

SwampDonkey

Your 40's down there must be warmer than ours. 40 degree days would take weeks to melt snow up here. :D

Chuck White

Snow really starts to melt when it's 40° and a nice, but not heavy breeze blowing!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

36 and rain, rained hard last night the snow so going fast. Weather man said sun is going to out later  8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

44° and climbing here.  It is supposed to reach the mid to high 70's every day this week.  Might even into the 80's.

And our snow is gone.   :D   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Sun is out but not warm yet, still -3°C no clouds in the skies  8) 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

30F here now. Just finished cleaning snow, none over night, but entrances and path to the shop needed cleaning. Calling for more ice and snow today, but none yet. Cold wind and clouds. They are saying 2 more weeks before warm up.

The climate wizards said warming in the arctic has caused late spring.  ;D ;)

Snow ain't melted much here, want some more?

Alcranb

We ended up with over 5" of rain yesterday. Major flooding!!!
Rain, snow, sleet off and on all day.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Raider Bill

Well spring is officially over here. I got all the old leaves raked, roofs blown off, and the pollen has stopped so I changed out the house air filter for the summer.

I'm putting all the heavy coats and jackets away and getting out my shorts, tank tops and sandals.

Good Bye cruel winter! 8) 8)

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Ken

Here in central NB we are getting hammered again tonight with snow.  Yesterday was 10" of snow and ice pellets and it is snowing at about an inch an hour rate right now.  Southern NB yesterday got hammered with freezing rain.  Thousands without power and heavy winds tonight.  It has been nearly impossible to get any work done lately.  Really looking forward to my first swarm of black flies.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Peter Drouin

45 and sun today, We had a lot of rain and my brook is up but not bad. I have been looking for the snow fleas , Have not seen them yet.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Billbob

Quote from: Ken on March 31, 2014, 06:32:54 PM
Here in central NB we are getting hammered again tonight with snow.  Yesterday was 10" of snow and ice pellets and it is snowing at about an inch an hour rate right now.  Southern NB yesterday got hammered with freezing rain.  Thousands without power and heavy winds tonight.  It has been nearly impossible to get any work done lately.  Really looking forward to my first swarm of black flies.

I've been operating off the generator for the past 8 hours.  Probably won't be able to get power for another day or two.  Numerous hydro poles are laying on the road about 3 miles from here.

This is what my laneway looks like.  Lots of trees broken and loaded with ice.  I'll have to break out the chainsaw so we can get out.

Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

curdog

I think I got about a foot of sun today with temps around 80. I think all of the sun will melt off in an hour or so, but supposed to have probably about another foot tomorrow. :D

SwampDonkey

That sure looks like a mess.  :-\ However, we didn't get anything here all day and it got to 38F. The snow in the road and driveway, after plowing, turned to slush puppies.

I think your little dog has had enough to. ;)

Billbob

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 31, 2014, 07:51:21 PM
That sure looks like a mess.  :-\ However, we didn't get anything here all day and it got to 38F. The snow in the road and driveway, after plowing, turned to slush puppies.

I think your little dog has had enough to. ;)

Yeah, he had enough.  But he's all nice and cozy now sleeping by the wood stove.

Bill
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

SwampDonkey

More white stuff for Saturday.  :snowball:

chevytaHOE5674

Mid 40's here today and now this evening some patchy thunderstorms have rolled in. Little bit of rain to melt some snow. By the end of the week there is a chance of "significant snow" according to the weather guessers.

Thank You Sponsors!