iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Glad to see the insurance money helped out ;D   Buy an OWB and then don't want to use it,then built a woodshed,which he should of with the OWB,than put another boiler in and a combination at that.
All the above is not cheap.
Just started to rain here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Used it 8 winters actually. But about the money thing, they don't have to make any profits apparently. For what they produce, I have not seen where the money is.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

According to the weather guessers today and tomorrow we should set records for the low temp's, and possible records for the lowest high temps.... :o

I haven't been feeling that great the last day or two and going outside this morning at 9° to check the cows and chickens was surely a shocker to my sick body. Good news though is its still 70° in the house.

WDH

Hang in here.  Relief and tomatoes are coming. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I would settle for some green grass with that relief.
We might have a liitle snow in the morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

No Tomatoes until at least August UP here. I'd settle for at least 40° temps as relief, and like Cfarm green grass wouldn't be bad either.

Magicman

Very windy and s'posed to get down to freezing tonight.  Maybe this will be our "Easter Snap". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

The weather is really screwy here lately!  ::)

The thermometer hit 80° here yesterday and now it's 30° and snowing!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jim_Rogers

It's suppose to drop to below freezing here tonight, and again tomorrow night.

That will be a shock after 81° yesterday.

What wild weather. And windy as well.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

coxy

errrrrrrr it snowing  arg-smiley arg-smiley smiley_furious smiley_furious smiley_furious no_no no_no smiley_crying smiley_crying smiley_furious3 smiley_annoyed01 smiley_thumbsdown

SwampDonkey

Raining up here and some rivers are flooding as well as run-off from fields over some roads. Wasn't a bare spot in the fields here last week, now the field below the house has lots of mud. Still lots of snow though in other fields and along fence rows and the woods.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

It's a raining out there now.  :o  Now we'll get that inch or inch and a half of rain. I might have 1-2 inches of snow in the morning.

JohnM

Awoke to 1.5" of snow!! >:( >:( >:(  Oh and 27°!  ENOUGH!
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

SwampDonkey

Went from 36F at 4:30 am to 23F at 9:00 am. And a nice dusting of snow.  ;D

thecfarm

I woke up to about an inch of the white stuff and 26°.

goose63

Light snow and 30 mph wind don't think we are gona get spring >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Billbob

Rain this morning now snow.  Several flooded communities in the province with more expected as states of emergency are being declared.  Ice jams reported at 8 waterways.  30 road closures in the province due to flooding and bridges being destroyed due to the high water and ice. 
Took the dogs for a short walk in the woods this morning.  Still need snowshoes to get around as there is still 2 feet of snow in the woods.  There is water running everywhere under the snow.

Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Crow99

Ice jam behind my shop this morning.   

Crow99

Cleared out a couple of hours later.. Lucky!!

SwampDonkey

Is that the bridge at the 'Fort'? Do they call that the North Caribou road on the opposite side?

Crow99

Yes to both. I guess now you know where I am...  :)

thecfarm

We went up to Rumford this morning. Ice on the roads,back roads was real bad.Stayed on the main roads in the morning. Tried to come home on the back roads and the roads was closed due to flooding,which is no surprize. I have not seen any ice in the rivers here.  Well I saw some in the Kennebec in Augusta but you could count the ice chunks that was on the river. Nothing to really speak of. I don't see how they could cause a ice jam.

Crow99

Several roads up here are flooded too. Not from the normal stream flooding but from field runoff. This is a bit unusual. We had maybe 3 feet of snow standing in places and didn't have the normal one or two thaws to reduce the snow pack a bit. And this week it decided to melt all at once.

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and Snowy UP this way. Winter storm warning is saying 11-17" by tomorrow, but I sure hope its wrong and we get little to nothing.

thecfarm

The wind has finally died down. But the wind dries things out too. It was on the cold side most of the day. Walked the dog with the river only a few hundred feet away.  :o  Stocking hat and all. Should of had gloves too.

Thank You Sponsors!