iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Raining here now.
Sucks big time, I'm suppose to get the mill ready for the first road job this coming week. I need to get it out and ready to roll.
Bought a new tire on Thursday and it should be ok now. I may need to get another new one after this job is done.

Hopefully it will let up enough after lunch to get some of the things I have to do, done.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

Was sunny this morning, but clouded over by noon. I was burning a big pile of 'stuff' this morning. Paper and wood products. Paper sure takes a long time to burn when it's packed. I took the hay fork to it all morning to get it burned up. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Perfect weather for a Crawfish Boil, and all that you guys are gonna get will be pictures.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

BIG RAIN IN TUCSON

I'd call this one about a 3/4 incher. ;D

Seriously, look out downstream. This thing is huge with lots of power and cold air. Our temperatures have dropped 20° already and we are only at the tail of it. Usually by this time of the year all the these storms are far north of us. May rain avg for Tucson is 0.1"
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

85 and sunny today in the foothills of nc. Little wind blowing around, just a real nice day. But had to work. We're supposed to get a good rain this week, so I guess I'll catch up around the house then.

thecfarm

A light rain since about noon yesterday. Sun is trying to come out. But that so called rain is winning.
White maples are really getting red now.
May flowers will be out. I am going to try to find some. I know where we use to go 30 years ago and there would be bunches there. But things grow up and those flowers are fussy about where they grow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Today looks to be a nice day, temp is already into the upper 30's and the sun is shining.

Rest of the week looks like a mixture of rain and snow some of which could be heavy. Weather folks are talking about the possibility of flooding as the rain will melt the 2-3feet of snow that is still on the saturated ground so all that water is going to have to run-off someplace.

O joy.

SwampDonkey

Daffodils have been up here for two weeks now, but not bloomed out. The flower bud is up, not opened. There has also been colts foot out now for a week. There is still snow all through the woods here, not much for woods flowers would be out yet. The cedar and aspen are flowering though. Had a sprinkle of rain in the night, been dull all day until now with sun trying to burn through as we speak.

Packing more 'stuff' for the move.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

That Big Shower is all over.  :D   I was outside trying to do some raking. It started to rain,real light,no big deal. Than the hail started. I headed for the FF.  ;D  The hail lasted maybe a minute,if someone was inside,and not looking out,they would of missed it. Sun is back out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

87° today means one thing, and it is not good.  The weather guy says a 90% chance of a tornado.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

In the warning now! really got some hard rain today,  lil hail, pretty good winds,  hate to say it, but still glad it's spring and winter is over, just don't care for tornados.  too much damage from these things,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mesquite buckeye

Looks like a bad one in NE AR right now. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

Looks like we are going to get a gulley washer this week. Had a beautiful weekend, but should start with a little rain Monday and then heavy rain Tuesday and Wednesday. May try to get my weeds mowed tomorrow and then slip off for a little trout fishing before the rain starts. I think this rain will put our spring fire season to bed now. Everything but the mountain tops are green, so 3-4 inches of rain should put things in full green up before its drys back out again.

Magicman

It' shaping up to possibly be a rough next 24 hours.   :-\

sandhills

Prayers for all of you in Arkansas, we had two touch down in Ne one was about 15 miles or so west, haven't heard of any significant damage though.  Spring time again I guess.  Stay safe folks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 27, 2014, 10:49:14 PM
It' shaping up to possibly be a rough next 24 hours.   :-\

Its coming this way too!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kczbest

Quote from: Magicman on April 27, 2014, 06:01:05 PM
87° today means one thing, and it is not good.  The weather guy says a 90% chance of a tornado.   :-\

Sounds like a bunch of us are in for a few rough days.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

dukndog

Hard hit in Mayflower and Vilonia, Ark. All my friends are ok this morning. Most of the pic's coming in on the news are from a trucking terminal, lumber yard and a RV dealership. Every RV was destroyed.
Just pray for those affected and their families who endured loss.
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

goose63

Its going to rain all week here got two loads of logs to get home but the roads are wet and soft and the same here by the mill looks like a lazy week
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

I saw that big weather system on the news last night.  :(

A glommy day here. Kinda raw out there. No sun and the wind is blowing, 50°.

chevytaHOE5674

Hope everybody made it through that round of weather OK.

Ugly weather UP here 36° windy and rain/snow. Looking at the forecast the rest of the weeks looks the same as today....

wwsjr

Looks like another hunker down day here. Clear with sunshine this morning, not good due to the heating, 80° predicted, and thunderstorms later today. National Weather Service and local TV weather persons are predicting  similar conditions as April 27, 2011. On that date we had 13 tornados in our area with two small towns almost completely destroyed with more than 20 fatalities.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

thecfarm

Not the best week to plant peas,but they are in and done. Not suppose to get up to 60 all week.

clww

Tornadoes and tornado watches in Missouri and Mississippi right now. I pray everyone stays safe.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

kczbest

The news is showing a lot of Damage around the Tupelo, Ms area. Tupelo is about an hour North of me and I believe we have a couple of Forum Members in that general area. I Pray that there are minimal injuries and no loss of life!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

Thank You Sponsors!