iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

It froze last nice, was clear, still only 38F. Overcast now. Won't melt too fast today. ;D Rain coming Thursday.

Another load of loot (2 actually) moving out today. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

I'm not going to complain at all, but the weathermen seem to be a little off. They were predicting 3-4 inches of rain out of this weather event and I ended up with between. 35-.40 inches. Not even a half inch. Now I'm actually going to need to wash the pollen off my truck.

tule peak timber

80 degrees with gusts to 80 MPH. Horizontal blowing sand and gravel. We poured concrete for the new mill today !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

SwampDonkey

Yesterday was the first semi-warm day we've had since October. It was around 63F for the high, started out at 29. Was a little warm wearing a heavy chamois shirt out walking. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Didn't get out of the 30's yesterday and looks like the same for today. More rain is falling onto the already saturated ground. Pretty much everyplace that doesn't have snow now has standing water, even the tops of the hills.

Chuck White

Nothing but wind and rain here for the last 3 days!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Started to rain here about dark,still raining now. I hope it don't rain for 3 days,not suppose to.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

Forecast is for gusts 55-75 after dawn this morning. Red flag fire danger all over So Cal today with multiple fires well underway already. Temp is forecast at 100 today.....

mesquite buckeye

81 and sunny  ;D with the wind howling. :(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

64 and sunny. I can go about 5 minutes and see snow beside the road.   :(  The hemlocks really shade that area. Not much,but enough so I don't want to see it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Wood fire here all afternoon, 44F and cold.  :snowball:

Billbob

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 01, 2014, 06:16:04 PM
Wood fire here all afternoon, 44F and cold.  :snowball:

Same here.  We just had a 1/2 hour of thunder and lightening. 
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

chevytaHOE5674

44° would feel like a heat wave. High today was 34° with wind off the lake and drizzle/fog/rain/snow most of the day.

Magicman

I hope this cool weather holds one more day so I can finish crawling around in that attic before it gets hot.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 01, 2014, 08:39:58 PM
I hope this cool weather holds one more day so I can finish crawling around in that attic before it gets hot.

I'm on your side on this one.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kczbest

I'm tired and sore from head to toe from helping cut trees and dig peoples belongings out of the destruction. I found a picture from Louisville in my yard and as crazy as it sounds I showed it to a friend from Louisville and it was actually a friend of his and the picture is now with its rightful owner.

I am always encouraged by the outpouring of support for our fellow man in times of crisis like this. I am also constantly *pithed by the scam artists who come out of their rat holes to prey on people who have already suffered so much.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

tule peak timber

Good on you KZ.......................................

Magicman

I saw the news reports this evening about some of the Louisville storm victims.  Much heartbreaking tragedy.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kczbest

Hearing about the little boy tonight made me tear up. I just found out the Husband and Wife in the pic I found are going to be OK. The tornado threw the Wife and small son out of the house and then buried them under the debris in the yard. The Wife had to hold her son's head up out of standing water to keep him from drowning until they were rescued. The son is fine and the Wife has a broken arm. The Dad was at work and came home and dug them out.
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

SwampDonkey

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 01, 2014, 08:14:45 PM
44° would feel like a heat wave.

Only when the furnace kicked in.  8) :D :D

Lightening so early, means a cold cold summer. ::)

mesquite buckeye

88 and sunny. ;D

The Southwest furnace is firing up right now. 95+ on Saturday. Within a few weeks it will be 100+ most days until at least the middle of September. We will send you northerners some more heat real soon. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

96 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

sandhills

You can have your 96, roughly 70 and just perfect!  ;D

thecfarm

Went to the GD ball game.Sun is out nice and warm,those dark clouds roll in,it's on the cool side. Sun been in and out all day.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: thecfarm on May 03, 2014, 03:20:49 PM
Went to the GD ball game..

"GD" ball game? I hope you mean "Grand Daughter"....  ;D :D
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!