iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Thanks for those pictures...that is very interesting! 
Say when

thecfarm

chevy,in my little world,I cannot believe that.  :) Someday maybe I will get there to see all that fresh water waving at me.
50° here now and cloudy.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

128 and rather unpleasant in the greenhouse. A pleasant 100 outside. ;D

Record heat in a couple days...110.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

smiley_furious3 not going to say a thing :-X :-X ;D

SwampDonkey

The interior lakes can still have ice until June here in NB. I have worked for Fraser Lumber Co in Plaster Rock and have seen ice in Trouser's Lake in early June. Here along the Saint John River, things happen quicker as far as warm and farming than they do elsewhere. I've got taters a foot high now in the garden. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Billbob

4 gorgeous days in a row!  72 degrees and the same for the next 3 days.  I must be doing something right!  Got the garden planted, next winter's firewood split, lawns mowed, bunch of chores done for my wife, another bunch done for me.  So I decided that I'm going fishing tomorrow.  You know what they say about all work and no play!
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

thecfarm

We had a low of 40°. Nice and sunny now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We get back home and the newspaper reports that we have averaged 2" of rain each day during the past week.  Thankfully we were North and had mostly clear skies during our time off.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Our warmest day this year,82°. The wind was blowing some,so it was a nice 82.

mesquite buckeye

111 in the shade and not all that pleasant. :( bon_fire smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident smiley_devil_trident :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

They will find international hikers who did not make it across the desert from now through September. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

49° for a high yesterday and today so far with almost 3" of rain so far and still falling wind is blowing off the lake so it is ugly outside.

Things were almost getting dry enough so that a guy could work outside and now we have standing water everyplace again. Weight restrictions came off the roads yesterday but still no logging really as its just too wet.

sandhills

The kids had there first horse show over the weekend and most of it was in an indoor arena, not much fun to have fifty or so little kids on horses inside a metal building when a storm blows in, hard.  Of course my daughters horse had to be the one to really blow but luckily we got her out and she didn't hurt anyone, knowing the horse I was really surprised she reacted that way.  Anyway we got a nice shower at home on Sunday and another one this morning but they're talking real nasty stuff for us this afternoon and tonight.

thecfarm

I have a horse run in with steel for a roof. Our horses hated to hear the hard rain on it. They would run out of it.

The heat has been off for 24 hours,finally.

mesquite buckeye

Our heat has been on for more than 24 hrs. Big cooldown today to 109. Of course they said it would be 108 yesterday..... ::)

Magicman

You shoulda saved up some of those 80's & 90's back in December to use now.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

That would be nice. 111 today again. Heading out to the greenhouses tomorrow. Probably over 130 inside and that is where we will be half the time. This weather will kill you if you are not careful. :(

sandhills

We had some of that yesterday, tornadoes around us, very high winds and heavy rain.  The wind never really let up and the rain was off and on for about 4-5 hours, we were lucky right here closest tornado was about 15 miles away.  A town NW of us had winds clocked at 110mph, can't hold much down at those speeds  :-\.

SwampDonkey

Was in the 80's and high 70's here for a few days. Rain showers this afternoon,  but still kinda hot this morning with sun peeking through.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The heat is back on. A cool,wet day until about noon. Kinda rained off and on after that. A heavy mist out now.

WDH

The heat is on here too.  However, it comes from the air.  91 degrees here today. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Been nice here, but a week ago we had the heat on. No more this summer though, just the natural air. ;D

Our heat pump went (we also have an electric furnace) so we need a new one, another $8500 or so. Takes a lot of money to live in this country if you want convenience, chums. ::)

chevytaHOE5674

36° here this morning with patchy frost   8).

drobertson

Looking at a good line of storms about to hit, should be a short lived, but fast moving one.  Wind reports in the 60 mph range, lots of lightning and small hail.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Billbob

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 05, 2014, 05:18:27 AM
Been nice here, but a week ago we had the heat on. No more this summer though, just the natural air. ;D
Our heat pump went (we also have an electric furnace) so we need a new one, another $8500 or so. Takes a lot of money to live in this country if you want convenience, chums. ::)

Ouch!  Sorry to hear of your heating/AC troubles SwampD.  :-\  No time is a convenient time for something like that to break.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It was HOTTER today than a Georgia Bass Player on a Hot September night!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!