iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

A lovely 104 officially. That means it was really 107, but whatever. Today a nearly frigid 101. The rains are guessed to be back by late in the week. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

chevytaHOE5674

Ill take my 65° and rain over 107° anytime. At 107° I would find someplace with A/C and stay there until it dropped into the 70's.

Magicman

It is having a hard time breaking loose here.  We are still forecast for the mid 90°'s this week.   smiley_sweat_drop
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Going to be real bad here this coming week unless you like to melt.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

curdog

As usual it will be hot for sitting in the dove field tomorrow. Nothing like a wide open field with no shade, but it's a lot of fun... hot or not.

beenthere

curdog
Got it all seeded down and ready?   Enjoy.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Been lots of rain here lately!

One more sawjob to do, starting Tuesday, if it doesn't rain.  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Well, I spoke too soon. Hit 90 again today here at The Beach, and 92 in Chesapeake where I was cutting and splitting firewood from our current job site. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Another two changes of outfits out their today. Humid!
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

We only hit 97° today.  One must shower as many times as one ventures outside for more than 10 minutes. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

It was 70F here before daylight.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

It was only 95 but the humidity oh Boyz much worse.
I jumped into the pool after work for relief. ;)

chevytaHOE5674

High today was 67° and another inch of rain. Over 7 inches in the last 7 days.

Unfortunately it looks like this may be one of those years when farming and logging take the fall off until it starts to freeze up at night and dry things out.

beenthere

Can't keep track of Mooseherder... one post he is in ME, and I think now in FL (or its DanG hot in ME )  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

No 95 here in Chesterville,ME. But he could be about 5 hours from me or 18 hours. It was a nice warm day here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

You have to be a moving target.  ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 01, 2014, 07:35:22 PM
You have to be a moving target. ;D

I know exactly what ya mean.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Moose have big "horns".  Goats have little pointy things.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I ain't going to say nothing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on September 01, 2014, 07:42:16 PM
Moose have big "horns".  Goats have little pointy things.   ::)

Don't get this thread moved to Outdoor Activities.  :D

Mooseherder

Then Ray would have to start "The Weather II".
I accidentally locked this thread a couple days ago. 

Did I Tell you how hot it was today?  ;D

thecfarm

Kinda had me scared too on the Lock Out.  :D   I enjoy going back and reading about the weather in past years.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mooseherder is a real sensitive guy.....don't take much to go to the woodshed or get locked out.  :D

beenthere

QuoteMoose have big "horns".  Goats have little pointy things.

:D :D
south central Wisconsin

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on September 01, 2014, 08:22:15 PM
QuoteMoose have big "horns".  Goats have little pointy things.

:D :D

Beenthere....kiss my Grits!  :D

Thank You Sponsors!