iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

40° here this morning. No frost in sight from the 7 day forecast. We had that frost back on Sept 18 and none since. Seems like that's the way it has been doing the last few years. Get a cold night and then it will warm back up for 3-4 weeks.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

95 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

Mid 60's and raining today. Going to hit 40 tomorrow and some higher elevations down to the low 30s. I was hoping to get one more float down the river,  but looks like it will get too cool for it.

WmFritz

Mid 60's here, but the big story here is the rain. I had an inch from last night with lightning; showers most of the day. Further north, they had 3 to 4 inches in the gauges between midnight and 8:00 a.m. Showers predicted through Monday, at least.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

SwampDonkey

Sunny and dry and high 60's here.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

45° with on and off drizzle/sleet almost all day with a cold 20-30mph NW wind. Feels like winter out there.

curdog

Drove up to see my parents today, and it's  46 with a pretty good wind today. They're always 10 degrees cooler than my house. But no complaints here.  I am ready for the cool weather, but supposed to be back to 85 by mid week.

mesquite buckeye

97 and sunny ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

A light rain here all day. A very nice rain to have.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

A few inches of cold rain the last few days, and looks like a few more are predicted. Back to things soggy everyplace  >:(

Lots of loggers are going to be off work until freeze up unless things change in a hurry.

coxy

mesquite buckeye

Actually hit 101.  :(

Feels much better now that the humidity is gone. ;D

Back to the 80's next week. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Might even rain. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

Been mist and fog-like here, the ground is dry. Windy today. Potato harvesters kicking up huge dust clouds. They use an air head that sucks up the taters onto the conveyor from the 'trash' bed to load trucks. A fan inside there really makes a lot of dust. The 'trash' bed carries the rocks to be dumped in piles from a shute that is opened when full with hydraulics. 62F out there now at 7:00 am.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

clww

Got down to the low 50s here at The Beach last night. 31 degrees at the cabin in the mountains this morning, so that is the third frost.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

curdog

It's 62 with a light breeze and sunny. This is great porch sittin  weather. I'm having to fight off a nap, and I'm not sure how much longer I can fight it.

SwampDonkey

Sun is coming out here to, to dry up the trees for work tommorrow. Cooler though, 55 or so this afternoon.

Corley5

We flew out of Orlando yesterday and it was close to 90 and humid.  It rained everyday but one when we there but it sure wasn't cold  ;D  In Detroit it was 48 when we landed.  We had some pretty "thick" rain and 38 around West Branch on the way home.  It was 40 and a fairly heavy rain when got home.  Mid 40s and cloudy here now.
  I should go and check out the job but I'm sure I'm not going to like what I see.  It was dry the first part of last week and a 20 cord train of sugar maple went out with no issues but the 25 cord load of basswood pulp required the harvester pulling and the forwarder pushing to get it out to the main trail after it rained a lot and it's rained more since.  Probably going to need a few loads of pit run on the truck trail to continue with this payment unit.  There's a chance of rain through Wednesday.  Supposed to dry out for Thursday, Friday and Saturday before rain chances move in again.  This fall is starting out just like the last one.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

Rain all done for now. Sun came out mid morning,a sunny day.

SwampDonkey

Forecast here is sunny.  8)

red oaks lumber

snowed 3" friday night, cold rain yesterday and 40 deg, high today with wnw winds 15- 30. the dreaded season is back :) :new_year:
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Hunker down, already.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

A lovely 96 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

SwampDonkey

There's a name for them hot places. ;D

thecfarm

38° here now. That corn will be cold on the hands this morning.

mesquite buckeye

91 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Tucson?

Thank You Sponsors!