iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Got 4" here, high winds now. A big white out.  :-\ Up at the farm wasn't anything.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowstorm

Quote from: snowstorm on January 25, 2015, 09:19:34 AM
this storm was a dud. weather guy said 10" got 4. the sun is out but they have heavy snow squall warning up. tuesday sounds like a real noreaster. 10to 14" winds to 40mph
tuesday has been updated to a full on blizzard  20 to 24+ wind gusts over 40mph.........this should be interesting

Mooseherder

That'll keep you busy! ;)

snowstorm

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 25, 2015, 06:34:08 PM
That'll keep you busy! ;)
yes it will. hopefully everyone stays home. dont pass the plow truck and we all turn around at the town line. just because the road is fine dosent mean it will be in the next town. it will be interesting to see how many mailboxes are left standing. i will try to get some pictures of little Siberia......appleton ridge  that can be a wild piece of realestate

thecfarm

I hope us folks inland will only get the 12-16 inches. But we are still suppose to get the wind. Shovels will be a hot seller at the store!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

4" snow  28°
More coming  :snowball:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Hilltop366

Just wind here so far @ -2 C, Snow to start Monday night, might change to rain Tuesday.

Ken

We had 9" of snow last night.  Turning cold here now although this has been a very good winter so far.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

FarmingSawyer

Got 5" here Saturday. Yesterday was nice and sunny. Pleasant to dig out in, except for the occasional freak snow squall. Today is starting out at 3˚F. Gonna be fun starting the tractor in the woods! Goal today is to get a 5T trailer of logs hauled back to the mill before the blizzard. If we get hit like they're saying it's going to be a while before I can/want to get back in the woods...... I dislike falling trees wearing snowshoes.
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

coxy

Quote from: FarmingSawyer on January 26, 2015, 06:37:09 AM
Got 5" here Saturday. Yesterday was nice and sunny. Pleasant to dig out in, except for the occasional freak snow squall. Today is starting out at 3˚F. Gonna be fun starting the tractor in the woods! Goal today is to get a 5T trailer of logs hauled back to the mill before the blizzard. If we get hit like they're saying it's going to be a while before I can/want to get back in the woods...... I dislike falling trees wearing snowshoes.
had a guy here a few years back that got both his leg broke wearing snowshoes felling trees  stay safe out there  hope we don't get much snow I hate it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :D

Andries

When the mill is in the shop I can get caught up on mail and such. Headlines in the news up here:
"Northeastern U.S. braces for 'crippling, potentially historic blizzard' that could dump three feet of snow"
and
"De Blasio held up a piece of paper showing the city's top 10 snowstorms and said this one could land at the top of a list that goes back to 1872, including the 26.9 inches that fell in 2006. "Don't underestimate this storm. Prepare for the worst," he said as he urged residents to plan to leave work early Monday."
So, do up yourseatbelts folks, sounds like a biggie is going your way.

Also, don't blame us North of the border, K? It's USA made and coming out of the Midwest. That's my story and I'm sticking to it . . .  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Chuck White

It's supposed to be right on the coast line!

We need to get a little more snow here for sugaring time.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I dread getting up in the morning to who know how much snow and wind. A foot of snow is not all that bad,but we might get more than that. And than add the wind to it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

They are saying 2 feet or more for my area.

I'm as ready as I can be.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

FarmingSawyer

I'm in the 70-mph wind & 24+" zone....gonna be interesting....... High of 15 today. Thought it was 3˚ before I went out this AM....turns out my house shields the thermometer. It was -8˚........Took almost 2 hrs to start the tractor....lots of ether & heating the injector pump and starter solenoid with a blow torch. Pile of logs here now, so I can mill even if Snowpocalypse happens.

WDH

Glaciers are thickening. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be windy up here to, but I don't think severe. After the last storm it howled for a day here. We are to get around 6". Usually those coastal storms lose a lot of punch before they come through here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

How do these weather people keep their jobs after a fiasco like the "historic blizzard Juno"?   Schools were closed, airports shut down, entire cities closed up!  A state of emergency in seven states!   ::)

Say when

thecfarm

The snow has started here and that wind is blowing hard.

cbla

snowing hard here in NS. they are calling for 8- 11 inches for us. Good luck to you all south of the border, hopefully it does not add up to that much

FarmingSawyer

Was snowing here at 3:30am when I got up. Snowing hard now and VERY windy. No major accumulations that I can see, but the wind is causing heavy drifting. 5˚F. If it keeps up this way all day, I can see where we might get some major accumulations.

Chuck White

All of you guys that are in the Blizzard Zone, just hunker down, let it happen and when it's over, do what you have to do.

Be careful out there and pay attention to the "chill factor".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

75 and clearing. ;D 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!