iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pep

Another brutal day. -32 this morning, windchill in the -40's.  Cancelled all the school buses today. -26c right now, tomorrow -32. Bitter cold.  I'll send some south for some of u southerners .
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

thecfarm

We got about 6-8 inches of snow,so far, 6°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I've stopped looking out doors (and windows). :D

The cedar waxwings and the pine grosbeaks have been going hard at the cranberry bushes the last few days. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Skies were very clear through the night, with bright moon light, at 3:00AM, I could see the cell tower up on my brothers property, approx 1½ miles away.

Got up at 5:00 and it was -25° and the temp hasn't moved yet!

Lots of sparkles out on the snow!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

That is waaaay too cold for me! :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

No above freezing weather in sight. Single numbers,maybe below tonight. A full moon tonight,the moon looked pretty coming up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Yeah, last night was a bright as the day and cold.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

-4 and more snow coming tonight. Looks like the coast,sorry FarmingSawyer,will get more than the rest of us. I might get 3-6 inches. Smallest snow amount we had in a while.  ;D

goose63

15 below wind chill maybe 6 for the high with more snow on the way
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Lud on February 02, 2015, 06:13:24 PM
We're in the single digits.....again.   The winters seem to have been colder the last few years.  Is global warming letting the arctic vortex cat out of the bag??

Change the name and change the game. Don't fall for it. ;D :snowball:

76 and sunny.  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

The snow has begun again, the worst of it coming tomorrow I think. Was -13F this morning.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buckshot00

60 and sunny today.  Tilled the garden.

sandhills

Got a little more snow and the wind of course, last night and this morning, but not much.  Suppose to be back down to -7 F tonight, then back to the 40's by this weekend  ::).

FarmingSawyer

32f. Snowing hard and fast. Fine snow and everything is coated   Looks like we are getting the full 6".
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

drobertson

cold enough to need the lamp in the pump house,  I did not, which makes momma not a happy camper,
it did thaw in about 30 min. close call there, 8° is cold enough to need the lamp.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Quote from: FarmingSawyer on February 05, 2015, 07:21:54 AM
32f. Snowing hard and fast. Fine snow and everything is coated   Looks like we are getting the full 6". 

Sounds like what we had here last night, we ended up with right at 12".  :)

Quote from: drobertson on February 05, 2015, 08:10:57 AM
cold enough to need the lamp in the pump house,  I did not, which makes momma not a happy camper,
it did thaw in about 30 min. close call there, 8° is cold enough to need the lamp.

What we do here when it's cold enough to freeze is to put 2 light bulbs in the enclosure around the pump, just in case one of the bulbs goes out.  When checking once in a while, if you only have one bulb lit, change the other one.  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

A fine snow here,about an inch,so far. Might stop this afternoon? It's another depends storm. I am on the line of 2-6 inches.

Stopped around 10:30 here. Maybe 2 inches. The wind has picked up as they said it would.

mesquite buckeye

The pump at the greenhouses got frozen in January and now we have a nice outdoor shower.

However, today 80 something and sunny. Where is that palm tree? I must seek shade. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowfight1:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

mesquite buckeye

Very cool. Almost worth getting cold over. Well, not quite. ;D

Had to turn on the A/C on the way home from picking up the kids...

Summer's coming. :-\ :'( :snowball:

thecfarm

Kinda made me wonder at one time,where's the train!!
Just an old fashioned winter. How 30-40 years of mild winters makes us all forget.

FarmingSawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on February 04, 2015, 06:56:04 AM
-4 and more snow coming tonight. Looks like the coast,sorry FarmingSawyer,will get more than the rest of us. I might get 3-6 inches. Smallest snow amount we had in a while.  ;D

Got about 8 inches. Stopped snowing around 3PM and cleared off nicely....just enough time to snowshoe around the pasture fence to expose the top wire so the horses won't think of walking over the normally 5foot high fence.......

Looks like we're in for more by early next week...... oh joy..... ::)
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

thecfarm

We got lucky,this time. Looks to be more coming over the weekend and non stop into mid week? Kinda looks like down your way again.  :(
A cold night coming,wind chill down to -20 in my area.

SwampDonkey

Ken

Quote from: thecfarm on February 05, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
Kinda made me wonder at one time,where's the train!!
Just an old fashioned winter. How 30-40 years of mild winters makes us all forget.

Although we've got a long way to go before the grass grows again, this winter has been less severe than last winter at least in my area.  The last couple of weeks have been brutal though.  Pretty bad when you look forward to a mosquito bite
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!