iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

100 here today.  Rough. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 16, 2015, 08:42:04 PM
100 here today.  Rough.

We hit it too Danny, had to knock off at 3.  smiley_sun smiley_sweat_drop
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

Our hundreds are very smooth. They sneak up on you. Usually you don't even sweat. Then you are in trouble and it is already too late.  smiley_deadheaders_buddy smiley_deadheader alligator
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

The 100's sneak up on us too. Maybe back in '98 was the last one.  ;D
The heat is off.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

There ain't no sneaking up around here.  Slaps you up side the head. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

70's, dry air, sunny, light breeze, deer flies never struck 'til noon today.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

A lovely 110 so far. 112 yesterday. Supposed to get hot this weekend.
smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

wwsjr

96.7° and 79% humidity at 3:30 PM today. This old man has trouble sawing in this weather.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

curdog

Looks like Friday is going to be the coolest day in the forecast..... at 94 >:(

mesquite buckeye

Next couple of days to be the hottest of the year. 110 plus. Yesterday was 112 again. Should be nice in those greenhouses. :( :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

Hilltop366

Sunny 65° and a nice breeze, almost a bit too warm to work. ;D

sawguy21

20C (68F) here this morning with a high overcast, it's a nice break from the 30+ we have been seeing recently. There has been no rain to speak of since we moved here 6 weeks ago, the mower is not getting a lot of use.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Mid 70's today,sun all day with a nice breeze to keep the flies away.
50's tonight,mid 70's tomorrow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

80 yesterday and sunny with a breeze, rain today.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

101 yesterday. Its almost 5 am now. I'll be at the mill a day break to get jobs done and knock off at lunch.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

We have the (very) high 90's forecast for all of next week.  David is right, work 'till noon and knock off.   smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Rain, and more rain,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

goose63

Cool start for the day 53 now and bad storm's this after noon
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Sun is breaking through now, the little rain is all done.  ;D

Ianab

Rain, rain and then some more rain.  36 hours non stop so far.  :-\ 18 inches up on the side of the Mt, but only about 6" here in town, so not torrential, just steady.

Supposed to clear up in another 4-6 hours, then be close to snowing by Monday...
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mesquite buckeye

114 at the hill yesterday. Worse today. :snowball:

coxy

you can keep that temp to darn hot ;D  we need some dry weather here or ill be going on welfare soon  8)

mesquite buckeye

128 in the greenhouse. That is an unpleasant temperature to work in.

It will do you in if you are not careful. :snowball:

SwampDonkey

Want no part of it past 80 degrees. Prefer 65 all summer if I can get it. ;D

Ianab

Quote from: Ianab on June 19, 2015, 04:12:06 PM
Rain, rain and then some more rain.  36 hours non stop so far.  :-\ 18 inches up on the side of the Mt, but only about 6" here in town, so not torrential, just steady.

Supposed to clear up in another 4-6 hours, then be close to snowing by Monday...

Rain didn't ease up, another 12 hours...

There are only 3 roads into Taranaki, 2 of them are closed and the other one is down to one lane.  :-\ Slips and washouts.

Ernie posted on FB that the bridge to his house was 6ft underwater and he wasn't sure how his wife was going to get home. Probably doesn't matter now as the main road is closed just down from his house anyway...

Seems to have eased off here now though, back to a light drizzle.

8" of rain here in town, 21" inches up on the Mt.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!