iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

346xp

Our dry spell is over rain coming tonite and tomorrow 8)

drobertson

I've never seen this kind of rain pattern at this point into July, pretty sure its' close to record book rain fall, and again today we are in the path of the train, rain fall, just crazy, temps are nice I will say,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Autocar

We finaly got three days of sun but picked up a inch or rain this morning, I was thinking that I might beable to get back to work, but right back to wet ground again. Farmers did get alot of wheat off but now it will take a few days to get it dry again.
Bill

SwampDonkey

The AC's been on here this week. 85 again today with humidity. Hot!
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Smoke is in the air from the Canadian forest fires.

http://www.weather.gov/mkx/smoke2015
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yeah the western forests are ablaze. Lots of crews from back east here out fighting the blazes. Even army is involved now.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Yesterday was a constant haze from them this far South, North wind.  Hope everybody's alright up there, this is the second time now it's drifted down.  We've been catching small rains all along lately, enough to keep irrigation off but it sure messes up haying, nice temps though for the most part here.

SwampDonkey

We are actually getting that smoke here now as a cold front is moving this way bringing the smoke in. We are at least 1600 miles from those fires. The power of nature eeerr fire at least.

thecfarm

Uncontrolled fires are a bad thing.
I was just about to go out around 7:30 last night and the sky opened up with a shower. Still wet out now,with a real slow rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Blazing hot.  Bone dry.  Nasty. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Rain, again, tornado warning, more rain, wind, humid, and the grass keeps growing, and my clutch is still slipping ;D 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

It's catching ain't it??   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

This is our weather...

Well not at the house, but a couple of miles up the road.  Here at home, temp hovering between 3 and 5 C during the day, and some snow and sleet showers, but nothing settling

I did go out to the shed to do some wood work, but when I realised I could still see my breath in the shed, with the heater on, I gave up on that.  :D So me and Taylor went on a drive to find some real snow. If it's this cold, there should be some actual snow  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

That picture was a surprise.  Pretty, but still a surprise.   oz_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

azmtnman

Something you don't say very often when you live in Arizona......TOTAL WASHOUT!! Today was the one day this week I had to get logs in.  :-\  Won't complain because it could be dry and we could be under fire restrictions. This can be brutal country.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

SwampDonkey

We missed the rain this week, just some fog and later cleared to drier air. Getting on the dry side.  ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Having to start sawing around 7am now. The extreme heat is back and the humidity is terrible.
Have to knock off about 3 or the goat will get not my back. ITS JUST PLAIN HOT!!!!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

HOT today sawing.  Thankfully we finished @ 1:30PM.

WDH

Friday  98°
Saturday  100°
Sunday  100°
Monday  99°

Going to be rough on us poor Southern Sawmillers. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

azmtnman

Quote from: WDH on July 09, 2015, 08:26:39 PM
Friday  98°
Saturday  100°
Sunday  100°
Monday  99°

Going to be rough on us poor Southern Sawmillers.
And everybody thinks Arizona is hot!  :D
Stay cool!
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

346xp

Beautiful next three days here high 70's low humidity bring it on!!! 8)

SwampDonkey

Hot and dry....90 degrees

curdog

Mid to upper 90s for as far as you can see. Haven't had any measurable rain this month at the house,so it's getting dry. I can't wait for winter

Magicman

90° here today and I got my sawing done.  The shade was good.   ;D

Buckshot00

102 here today.  Hottest I've seen in my lifetime in NC.

Thank You Sponsors!