iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

The ice march commeth.  8)  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

caveman

These are pictures of our mill.  There are new ponds/puddles all around the mill shed.  Thankfully they are full of tadpoles.  The mosquitoes will be vicious within a few days.  I have been on vacation for about a week in NC and someone called about some slabs while we were driving home.  When I got home I was surprised to see all of the ditches full and standing water in places I have not seen standing since 2004 (the year we got 20"/rain in September along with three hurricanes during one season).  The customers arrived and used the JD Gator to drive out to the shed to pick out their slabs.
Caveman
Caveman

Ianab

For you folks that are feeling the heat. Today's weather.

No snow at the house, but the temp didn't make double figures (°C) either.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

beenthere

Thanks Ian.. makes me feel better already, and look forward to our leaves turning color and dropping to the ground...  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

8) I think the bad heat is over with up this way anyway. Nice and cool for working. 55F this morning.

Nice scenery Ian.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dean herring

Magicman I'm jealous was there last fall. We loved Wears Valley
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

Yup, it's a nice and peaceful 70° this morning.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

96 with a chance of wetness later. ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

Rain forecast for Pigeon Forge for tomorrow with about a 10° temperature drop. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

Sunrise full double rainbows. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

OneWithWood

Forecast a couple of days ago called for 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms so I planned ahead to work in the workshop today.  I am wiring the JD4520 so that I can power an electric S4500 Superwinch that I mounted underneath the box I attach to the three point hitch to hold chainsaws, chaps, rope, axe, fuel, etc. when I am felling or cleaning up downed trees.  Then it is on to rebuilding the carb of my '69 Beer Truck converted to a dump truck.
So what happens?  The skies are blue.  The temp is in the low 80s and the humidity has dropped a bunch.  An all around beautiful day to be playing in the woods!  Oh, well, the winch will come in handy and I need the dump truck to start.
Thought about working on the JD450C crawler loader but Danny says not to call him if I need help so ain't gonna do anything on it for a while. (insert smilies and LMAO stuff here.  I just updated to Windows 10 and the new Edge browser and I cannot get the emoticons to work)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

WDH

From what I learned at the Pig Roast, every man needs a crawler loader  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on August 10, 2015, 08:08:21 PM
From what I learned at the Pig Roast, every man needs a crawler loader  :D.

Yep....you were paying attention.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Another cool morning 62°,better than in the 50's.
Ianab,nice picture of the water falls. I won't mention that white stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

71° with a light rain here in the Smokies this morning.   :)

SwampDonkey

Yeah it was 68 here at the house at 4:00 am, a bit muggy in the bush to. The clouds kept it from getting too blistery hot. But my clothes were wet all day after the first tank of gas through the saw.  ;D

mesquite buckeye

Morning thunderbanger. ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: ;D

Steamy now. teeter_totter

Jim_Rogers

Been raining here almost all day. Started around 9am or so.

I've been working on drawings at the computer in between errands and naps.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Ayup,started to rain here around noon. A cold front is moving through.Still raining. Suppose to stop around midnight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Severe thunderstorm incoming. Hope the windows hold in the wind. I can hear them taking weight.

Now hail.

Fun fun fun. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Plenty of free fertilizer from the lightning. ;D

SwampDonkey

Started to rain around supper hour here, raining hard.  ;D

thecfarm

Not raining now,but looks like it could any moment. We needed that rain.62°

SwampDonkey

It was done raining here at 6 am. Just a couple light showers all day. We've never had a 24 hr rain here in months. This one lasted 12 hours which was longer than most all summer. The air conditioner is on. ::)

thecfarm

I don't even think I will have to put my air conditioner in this year.  ::)  That means a cool summer.Some years I put it off and we can get by. If it cools off at night we can get by. We are not inside the house much during the day. I can cool the house off with the ceiling fans at night. The back of the house is close to the woods and with the fans on I can bring in the cool air. The front of the house faces the field and it's all warm air on that side.

Thank You Sponsors!