iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I forgot when we had to start to get a permit for a fire. Maybe late 70's???? But no one is needed to come inspect the area,yet. With us we have to wait until after 5 at night,the volunteer fire dept is out of work by than. Brush piles can only be so big and high too.
I think about 26 for a high today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mooseherder

We had tornado warnings mid-day.  A couple of hedges went down along with a few branches and fronds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHqpfqLcs2o&feature=youtube

beenthere

That's a good gully washer.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

Sure was!  Did you experience a temperature drop during that downpour? 
Say when

goose63

5 below now that's the high for to day 12 below tomorrow 25 below Monday morning >:(
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

A slight mist is falling.  :o :(  It was a fine line between that and snow. Snow would be better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We were forecast to get some freezing rain followed by an accumulation of snow, starting at 2:00AM, but got nothing, it's 26° now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

it 30  here  where getting our sap snowing now  :D so its on its way to you chuck  :)

Mooseherder

Quote from: Roxie on January 16, 2016, 06:06:18 AM
Sure was!  Did you experience a temperature drop during that downpour?

I was so focused on the Storm that I didn't even notice.

drobertson

Roller coaster in So. Mo,  cold and windy, warm and windy, rainy and windy, now cold and windy again, crazy year so far here,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Cold and going to get a lot colder, goose, I wish you'd shut that door up there!

Chuck White

Got a little drizzle of a rain just before Noon!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

gump

NOR Easter forecasted here today. Freezing rain now, but forecast JUST changed and we can expect up to 35cm (14") of snow. Good day to watch football ( go Pats).

Roxie

Welcome to the forum gump! 
Say when

curdog

Started out today in the mid 30s, but warmed up quick to 50 or so. Spent the day rabbit hunting with a few friends and we were shedding layers pretty early this morning.

Hilltop366

Quote from: gump on January 16, 2016, 02:35:26 PM
NOR Easter forecasted here today. Freezing rain now, but forecast JUST changed and we can expect up to 35cm (14") of snow. Good day to watch football ( go Pats).

The rain changed to snow a few hours ago here, (Yarmouth County) giving 4 to 6 inches here although if you go inland 20 min. I'll bet they will get twice as much.

thecfarm

I left my house in a slight mist,got 2 miles down the road and the ground was white.  :o Never seen that before here. By the time it was done we got about 4 inches,I guess.
That will bring the snow on the ground to about 6-8 inches.

bobby s

About 4 to 5" from todays storm in Central NH. Still waiting  for  winter to arrive.

bobby s

Quote from: bobby s on January 16, 2016, 07:50:32 PM
About 4 to 5" from todays storm in Central NH. Still waiting  for  winter to arrive.

sawguy21

It snowed pretty hard today, quit around 4 so I got on the tractor before it got too dark to plow. At 9 it is still +2C
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mooseherder

We're under tornado warnings next half hour.

Roxie

Keep your head down and stay safe.  I'm thinking maybe you don't have a basement in Florida?

Say when

Mooseherder

Yup, no basements because the water table would swamp it in quick.  It wouldn't take long for nature to reclaim the area if the water wasn't pumped away.  We lost power for a few seconds.  Just long enough to turn everything off.  Weather guessers say we are going to have a nice day now.
I had scheduled some tree trimming a few weeks back.  I didn't expect them to show but they are here now. 

thecfarm

Almost above freezing today. A warm day.  :)  Days are getting a little bit longer. I can see 6 deer down back.

sawguy21

The snow has quit at least for the moment, the thermometer is hovering around freezing. Yesterday was nasty, our dinner guests called to say the roads were too bad to attempt the drive. The police and tow trucks were kept quite busy.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!