iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Well of course the guessers had to be right about our blizzard  :-\.  Not sure how much we got but guessing around 14" or so, hard to tell with 40mph winds the whole time.  Just got us scooped out and hoping I make it to the farm to help dad after dinner, I was really hoping our new place wouldn't drift too bad in the yard, I'm disappointed  :D.

curdog

Been dumping rain this morning.  61 and everything is muddy, heard frogs last night and I noticed some daffodils blooming yesterday.

thecfarm

About 2 inches of snow and the the rain came. Not all that warm here,34°. The sand truck had to back up the hill. I live on dirt road,the tar roads are not too bad.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

About 30 here now, but has been steadily climbing. Getting rain or freezing rain at the moment. Suppose to be in the 50's tomorrow.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jim_Rogers

Still raining here. Going to be muddy for a while.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ox

Yep, muddy as all get out right now.  This'll all freeze in and we'll have a skating rink for awhile.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

Just a heavy mist at 38°. Suppose to get into the high 40's.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

50 here this morning and fog.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

Mildest winter I can ever remember. It should be interesting how this works out .Usually with the extremes in temperature the roads need repair .

Since it's been so warm logic would say the roads probably stayed okay .I now wonder how they are going to explain then why they would need extra taxes for road repairs as they always have in the past.

Chuck White

Sure wish we'd get a good blanket of snow, right now the ground is bare!   >:(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jim_Rogers

Over 50° F here this morning.

They say we'll get 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow. We'll see.....

Jim Rogers

mesquite buckeye

62 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) :snowball: Pushing 80 by the weekend. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

50°!! Not much sun,but it's warm.

SwampDonkey

50 all day, bright sunshine and now a NW wind begins. Snow tomorrow.  :snowball:

Woodhauler

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 04, 2016, 01:44:36 PM
50 all day, bright sunshine and now a NW wind begins. Snow tomorrow.  :snowball:
52 here!!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Chuck White

I seriously doubt that we've had over 6-8 inches of snowfall since the first fell, back during hunting season.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Hardly any snow in my woods at all. I have still been wearing snow shoes though. It's just easier than breaking through crusty snow into mud, ice and water. :D Although the little thinned tree stumps can be a pain. Oh well, can't complain too much. ;)

curdog

Mid 50s today, still muddy, and I ran over a frog jumping across the road last night.  Feels like spring already

thecfarm

As I was riding through town today,at 25 mph,I had the window down. And no,the heater was not runing on high either. Just a nice warm day.
More snow "might" be coming for me. I'm on the line!!!
Field that I look at is bare again. That sure does look odd.

chevytaHOE5674

3° this morning with just another inch or so of snow overnight. Heard on the radio 13.7" from yesterday AM thru this morning. Just shy of 160 inches for the season.

SwampDonkey

32F here this morning.  ;D

thecfarm

I'm at 34° and no snow. Yet. :)

Edit,
Just about one hour later,the snow is coming down. But it's real fine. We are right on the line,1-3 inches,3-6 inches. But with as fine as the snow is,at this time,it could snow all day and we would only get 3 inches.

coxy

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) long island is getting hit  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Chuck White

We're finally getting some cooler temps, 20° right now! 

Still, no snow, the ground is bare!   >:(

I see on the weather map that there is snow starting to come across the Great Lakes (East to West), so hopefully we'll get some snow out of that tonight or tomorrow! 

Jim_Rogers

Snowing here now.
Not much on the ground yet.

Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!