iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Sun is only up about a foot high over the hill.  ;D   Cool is it. Customers are still buying a couple bags of wood pellets. Still cool at night,but high noon is kinda warm. That will change any day now.
3 turkeys out back and one tom. He is really showing off down there!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I saw a hen turkey this week in my travels. Out of place this far north.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Rain and more rain here, 40's to 50's temp wise.  Last night I saw my rooster pheasant laying on the road, somebody got him, I really liked waking up to his squawking  :-\.  The boss won't let me have chickens so I have to rely on my neighbor's pheasant farm to keep me entertained  :D.  The turkeys around the farm have pretty well scattered out and started to nest.

SwampDonkey

Burning is closed for business in these parts.

http://www.gnb.ca/public/fire-feu/dbpmap-e.asp

The garden soil here is like dry wood ash.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

curdog

Finally getting a little rain, it was getting very dry and hot, but a few storms rolled through this evening and gave us some much needed rain.

chevytaHOE5674

Cool and dry UP here. Morning temps have been below freezing every morning and daytime highs have only made it into the lower 40's with at least a 20mph north wind off the lake everyday. Wind chills have been mighty chilly. Last of the snow is almost gone. Grass is turning green but not really growing at all.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 28, 2016, 01:41:25 PM
Storm came through yesterday, 60 mile an hour gusts, this is a house 4 doors down from us.

http://www.polkcountytoday.com/storm042716b.html

The next one should be there about now. Not much rain here but expect a spinning screamer.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

I read that it's snowing in Albuquerque, NM    hmmm   :snowball:

SwampDonkey

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on April 30, 2016, 10:30:53 PM
Cool and dry UP here. Morning temps have been below freezing every morning and daytime highs have only made it into the lower 40's with at least a 20mph north wind off the lake everyday. Wind chills have been mighty chilly. Last of the snow is almost gone. Grass is turning green but not really growing at all.

Take comfort in that no place in MI is even in the top ten for snowfall amounts in the US. However it is #10 at the weather station in Houghton County Memorial Airport for number of days with snow falling from the sky a year, at around 90 days.  :D

source:
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/snowiest.php

Some places in BC get over 500" of snow annually, literally on a glacier. :D 

thecfarm

I had 42° and 4 geese in the field this morning. One lone turkey outback now. A few sprinkles,might rain tonight. Watching the race.
Wind is blowing.
Paper said Presque Isle,ME had the coldest at 19° in the states. Seem like Black River?? ME,yesterday was the coldest too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

It's 67F here today, sitting outside watching the bluebirds around the nest box. I've got to say, that May sun, with no wind to speak of, feels hot.  ;D

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 01, 2016, 03:45:00 PM
Take comfort in that no place in MI is even in the top ten for snowfall amounts in the US. However it is #10 at the weather station in Houghton County Memorial Airport for number of days with snow falling from the sky a year, at around 90 days.  :D

source:
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/snowiest.php

Some places in BC get over 500" of snow annually, literally on a glacier. :D

Taken from your link "The only town among the nation's snowiest places is Valdez, a seaside community in southeastern Alaska". There are plenty of places that get tons of snow, but most of them aren't very populated or populated at all. We are sitting at somewhere around 300 inches this season and we aren't some secluded mountain pass, we are a town in the lower 48 states that has an elevation of 600 and some odd feet, not a mountain pass 5500 feet above sea level.

Edit: O yeah its 43 degrees with a nice north wind. Looking out the window it looks nice, working outside it is cold on the fingers and ears.

Texas Ranger

Last storm dropped 4 inches of rain at my place, further north it got bad, 5 dead and one missing.  up to 12inche of rain in some areas.  No wind here to speak of, but some of y'all in Louisiana and Mississippi got some of it.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on May 01, 2016, 04:40:59 PM
We are sitting at somewhere around 300 inches this season and we aren't some secluded mountain pass, we are a town in the lower 48 states that has an elevation of 600 and some odd feet, not a mountain pass 5500 feet above sea level.

Something to be thankful for I'm sure.  ;D

WV Sawmiller

Thunderstorm on-going, lightening popping all around with hail. Hopefully this will blow over pretty soon. At least the fruit trees I planted last week are looking good (Except the plum tree the mule ate).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Well, its calmed down now but got ugly. Looked out and a truck was stopped at the end of the road. Went out and found my ash tree on my lot by the road lost a big limb blocking the road. The guy moved it to the side. I saw the storm drain by my mailbox was stopped up and my drive had flooded and it was an inch deep in my log barn. I grabbed my rubber boots and a shovel and went out an cleared the drain and dug some more ditches to drain everything. Both boots were filled before I was done. This flooding is a regular problem as the county put in a new drive just up and across the road from me and they did not design it well. I have flooding in my drive every winter when the Fall leaves wash down and stop it up.

My wife came out with her camera taking pictures and nearly gave me a heart attack because every time the flash went off I thought I'd been struck by lightening. We could hear big rocks and boulders grinding in the creek below us as they washed down. I'll check things out in the morning and see if I have any trees across my fences or any washouts. Gotta love it up here.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Texas Ranger

another inch and a half, growing moss on my back.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Texas Ranger on May 01, 2016, 10:18:01 PM
another inch and a half, growing moss on my back.

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

42° and rain. That will put us out of the fire danger for a couple days. Not suppose to get much rain.

Texas Ranger

another inch and a half, 7 inches since Wednesday      whiteflag_smiley

mesquite buckeye

86 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

No sun here, in the 50's, but no rain neither. Couple sprinkles spurts in the afternoon, but didn't even get the truck hood wet. Just right for temperature when bush whack'n.  ;D

rjwoelk

Mid 70s up in Edmonton  Alberta. Evenings are mid 306.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

SwampDonkey

The Prairies get hot compared to the rest of the country here in Canada. I always noticed that Dawson Creek was a lot warmer than southern coast of BC in the summer.  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I live on the Blue Dot in Rock Hill, S.C. in the center... SW of Charlotte, N.C.

Storms above and below us.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!