iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curdog

55 todays and the snow is disappearing pretty quick, but should be low 70s on Saturday, so all the evidence will have melted by then. Now everything is muddy

thecfarm

The high was 44°. This is the first time in 16 years,I had to ride the ditch to go to work. There might of been other times that was this bad,but maybe I did not have to go to work on them days. Another warm day tomorrow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

It's going up to 54 today.  Time to get out the flip flops and shorts. 
Say when

Chuck White

48° this morning, with rain!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Chunk,you have a heat wave going on.    ;D   
I have 38° this morning,very foggy,but at this time no rain. Maybe off and on for me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

We had just enough snow on the roads yesterday to put the truck over the bank...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

I suspect all cargo was in place? Or you would not of been allowed to get that close.

Ruffneck

The news calls it record snow in Portland because it's the most they've seen in 30 years. Wait until they see 36 inches, then they can talk about records. Glad I just have to work there. Not as much south. My little "Princes" really digs this weather and she's learned  to kill... Good addition to the lumber yard ;D

TKehl

Getting ready for freezing rain here.

I lived in Springfield, MO during the 2007 ice storm there.  All I had was a sawzall with a pruning blade to cut the street open.  Neighbor was without power for 10 days, and this is within walking distance of downtown.

Better prepared now.   ;)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

snowstorm

the town next to me used to plow with a grader. lots of hills so they had to chain up and the chains didnt last long. and it was slow. i know an other guy that that had a 950 cat loader with plow and wing. like the grader slow and used a lot of fuel. the good thing about them you could see the wing. you cant on the 3 trucks i run

thecfarm

At my other house in Jay they used a loader with a plow and wing. There was A LOT of steep streets that started going up hill right off main street. Lots of corners on those steep streets too.
44° and was raining.
Looks like a repeat on the weather part in a week.

Bruno of NH

The private community of Eastman that I work in uses Cat loaders with plows and wings .
They also use a grader with dustpan plow on front with a wing .
They all run chains lots of hills and corners .
They only run the loaders and grader on the dirt roads .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

coxy

this rain is bogus just got back from checking on my skidder the ditches where filled with snow so all the water was going down the dirt road so I dug some cut offs in with a the little track shovel i had   and got most of water back in the ditch so maybe ill score some brownie point with the town  :)

thecfarm

Sure does seem odd to go out on January 12 at almost 10pm and hear the snow dripping off the roof.

WDH

Those Northern Parts are too FRIGID for me.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

curdog

Yesterday morning we still had a decent bit of snow on the ground, today all was cleared and chasing grass fires with 72 degrees. Going to 75 tomorrow....strange weather for January.

Raider Bill

Took my dog for a walk this morning. I was wearing a light jacket, 67 degrees is pretty chilly. The clouds are gone and the temps are climbing past 75 now.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Ljohnsaw

Over the weekend and the first part of this week Sacramento got a LOT of water.  The mountains got a mixture of rain and snow as the snow level changed up and down, over and over.  Can't wait to see what my property looks like ::)  A report I heard last night - The ski resort 30 miles past my cabin site, sits another 1,500 feet higher (about 7,200' elevation) - got 110" of snow in two days.  Yes, over 9 FEET of snow.  And it was wet, heavy stuff.  Early on, I-80 was closed a few days due to a mud slide (just past the resort) with traffic being turned around 30 miles BEFORE my cabin site (60 miles before the mudslide).  Then I-80 was closed due to blizzard conditions and for a couple more days to dig out the road.  It opened up last night but the traffic cams showed about 5mph flow at the summit.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Roxie

Sure hope everything works out for you ljohnsaw.  The news reports from that area are alarming.  Keep us posted on how that turns out for you. 
Say when

Raider Bill

Quote from: Roxie on January 13, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Sure hope everything works out for you ljohnsaw.  The news reports from that area are alarming.  Keep us posted on how that turns out for you.

What about me! I could get sunburned this weekend :'(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Roxie on January 13, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Well, I wouldn't call it alarming.  It is finally back to "normal".  We've had 5 years of drought so people forget what real rain and snow look like.  Typical snow fall over the winter in the high Sierras is around 160" with an exceptional winter of over 200".  Yes, this is early for this accumulation, especially with the weird warm storms, but more is on the way (hopefully) to get us out of this drought.

The river flooding is typical for what has happened so far.  A lot of levee breaks early on as, again, we haven't had the river levels up this far since 1997 and the river rats have built burrows into the dirt over the years.

There was/is a cool video on the Accu Weather site.  A tandem trailer FedEx truck was coming into California from Reno.  Highway patrol was following him taking the video.  The rear trailer was skidding way out to the side as he was going down a long grade (probably a couple miles?).  He made it all the way down and the officer commented "I didn't think that was going to work".  This happened about an hour further east of my place.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Roxie

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 13, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

What about me! I could get sunburned this weekend :'(

And I could throw a couple of this guy at you!   materhead materhead
Say when

curdog

Got the windows on the house open and in a t-shirt right now.... may go sit on the porch for a while this evening.... I did have to swat a few bees earlier this afternoon.

thecfarm

I watched the news and some of that weather others are having I feel bad for them.
Than they talk about Maine and the cold temps.  ::) The cold temps are normal for this time of year. Riding a canoe down main street is not normal.

thecfarm

8° and looks like the mid week storm will be snow now. Don't really like snow,but rain this time of year is worse. If it would of warmed up and rain,the snow would of taken a beaten. A lot melted last week.

Thank You Sponsors!