iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Rain 11 of the last 15 days. Temps have been struggling to make 60 most days. Really miserable August. All but the beach sand is saturated, woods work is tough and farm work is impossible.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on August 27, 2017, 01:11:55 AM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on August 26, 2017, 10:50:02 AM
About 70° this morning, heading up to 100-102° today through Tuesday :-\
Well, the weather person missed... :-\  It was 105° today and expected to be 107° tomorrow with Monday and Tuesday even higher :(
Predicted Monday to be 108° and we hit 111°!   Tuesday was only 100° and today is downright pleasant!  Probably only getting to 95 or so.  Almost chilly this morning at 65°.  Friday is supposed to be even hotter than Monday :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

chevytaHOE5674

Just heard on the radio the guessers are saying we could see mid to upper 20's for lows tonight. Good thing I haven't let the wood stove go out...

Would be perfect weather for late October.

grouch

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 31, 2017, 11:10:19 AM
Just heard on the radio the guessers are saying we could see mid to upper 20's for lows tonight. Good thing I haven't let the wood stove go out...

Would be perfect weather for late October.

That's amazing. I tried tilling under corn stalks in the garden yesterday and it was so hot and muggy had to stop about every row for water. (Tangled on the tines too much so I eventually just mowed the suckers). Didn't cool off a lot last night. I think Harvey stopped dragging northern weather down and started pushing southern weather up the map to us.

Wish I could mail some heat to you.
Find something to do that interests you.

sandhills

WOW chevy, that would end a lot of folks down here in one night!

chevytaHOE5674

I'm not a fan of hot weather at all (why I live where I do), but a week or two to try and get hay done would be nice. August with temps in the 50's and nights in the 30's and 40's with daily rain gets real old real fast and makes doing anything outside miserable.

Have cows in a pasture that is some of the best drained ground around and they are standing in 6" of water.

SwampDonkey

We are in for a cool down tonight I guess, the high for tomorrow might not reach 60. Then next few days back to summer heat again.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Looks like I will be filling the OWB tomorrow and turning a couple valves to get heat into the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on August 31, 2017, 12:51:44 PM
I'm not a fan of hot weather at all (why I live where I do), but a week or two to try and get hay done would be nice. August with temps in the 50's and nights in the 30's and 40's with daily rain gets real old real fast and makes doing anything outside miserable.

Have cows in a pasture that is some of the best drained ground around and they are standing in 6" of water.
And I'm wishing it would rain enough to put some water in a dam so I can shut the well off and fix a tank and the mud hole around it but I can't unless I haul water 20 miles everyday, that poor well hasn't shut off for a few weeks now  ::).  Otherwise been very nice around here lately, 80's for highs and cool enough in the mornings to wear long sleeves for a bit.

grouch

6 inches of rain overnight.

SwampDonkey

Just sprinkles here, no rain worth beans. Cool here with that north wind blowing. No heat needed though, the house here holds it's own until the mid of September at least. Besides, going to be hot (for the north) in a day or two.

Yellow jackets have been bad, but I only got bit a couple times so far. Nests in the ground around rotten wood. And I see lots of'm on golden rod flowers.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

That Texas hurricane is pushing a cold front into the midwest and lake states .It was a little nippy today .

grouch

1-1/2 inches of rain last night. Cold -- barely 60F even now, nearly noon.

sawguy21

Quote from: grouch on August 24, 2017, 12:25:09 PM
73F and clear blue sky. Whichever of you Crazy Frozen Northlanders sent this cooler air, thank you!
So that's what we did with it! Still in the low 30's here, I have had the mower out twice in the last eight weeks and that was just to knock the weeds down. Our fall fair is on this weekend, that usually brings rain but certainly not this year. Fire season is still in full swing, my buddy's kid is hauling freight as there are no logs available.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

First time I saw 40 on my thermometer. I had 46° this morning. I had the heat on,for the first time. Warm out now,heat is off. Yesterday the wind blew hard and it was a cool day.

Fall it is. Well tonight anyways.   ;D  A nice warm day,but after the sun went down,it cooled off,fast.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

Rain!!!! We needed it. Started out as a slow rain and then around 9 it rained hard. No idea for how long it rained. Morning now and the sun is trying to come out. We have not had much for showers this summer.

chevytaHOE5674

I guess you could say its "warm" UP here temp is 60° haha, but more rain :'(. 3/4" last night, 1" yesterday, 1.5" friday and saturday and more on the way later today/tomorrow/wednesday. The way our luck has been going all summer be 5-6" by the time it clears up wednesday afternoon.

sawguy21

I wish some of you could package that rain and ship it, the weather network says maybe a few showers next week. Low 30's for a few more days then sunny with seasonal temps in the low 20's for the next two weeks. We have almost forgotten what rain looks like.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

We had rain here, but not a lot. It ended by 8:00 am. A thunderstorm filled the mud puddles this morning. Got to around 68 here, starting to clear. Mid 80's for tomorrow and humid.  :-\

chevytaHOE5674

Just finished raining/hailing here. Got just short of 1" in about 15 minutes time. Water can't soak into already standing water so it just runs off, ditches are full to the brim and spilling over driveways, the shoulder of the county road I live on is starting to wash into the ditch, river that runs through the farm that has been almost at its banks for a few weeks is now starting to run into my lower pastures and flood the driveway and garden (not that anything was producing)

fishfighter

The pucker factor is starting to get high down here in the south due to Irma. :o

WDH

Yesterday was a three shirt, two shower day.  Hot and bad humid. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

chevytaHOE5674

Cold and rainy overnight. 46° with another .5" of precip and its still raining, 40mph wind gusts right off the lake. Its a wood stove and heavy jacket kind of day.  :-\

Being a farmer and a logger my life is scheduled by mother nature for the most part so I keep a farm "journal" where I keep track of everything going on around the farm as well as daily high/low temps and precip.

Looking in the book this morning in the last 31 days we have not had longer than 3 consecutive days without rain, our high temp was 82° our low temp was 35°, our lowest High temp for a day was 46°, our average high temp for the period is 58° and the low is 42°. There was also 19.25" of precip over that period. Those numbers jive more with late September/October than August.

rjwoelk

7 am got frost on the windshield ::)
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

grouch

Mid-80s yesterday, mid-60s today. After it gets all the metal in my garage good and cold, it will suddenly turn hot and humid again so everything drips with condensation and rust.

Thank You Sponsors!