iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Had someone call the store for an air conditioner. :o   That's how hot it was today!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

It's been snowing off and on all day here don't need that yet
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

hturner12

After the storm (hurricane) passes it suppose to be high in 70s lows in upper 50s. Told wife it is time for  to break her cold weather clothes. I be in a T shirt till 40, sweating cause she turned the heat on
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

lxskllr

Hot again. 80 and humid. One more day of this nonsense, with rain tomorrow, and the weather will get better. I'll be taking down my dead cherry this weekend. I can't wait! Might even try climbing my dead evergreen. At least get the spurs on, and see how it goes. Was talking to the tree guy yesterday, and he said right now is the best time to start a dawn redwood, and that's what I want to put in to replace the dead evergreen, so I need it gone sooner than later.

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

51cub

It's been pretty warm around here considering. The news yesterday was talking about some rain today but no sign of any yet
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

A nice slow rain at 48°. Still no frost.
Heat is back on after being off for the last 2 days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Rain and snow today. Windy windy, heard on the radio a freighter on the big lake had an 86mph wind gust and 20+ foot waves. 

goose63

We got lucky the ground is white here but not to far north up to 16 inch of snow  :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

hturner12

Yall can keep the white stuff
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Gearbox

Well north MN logging has nearly came to a halt . Has been in the 30s and 40s with rain and snow ground has been white for the last 2 days . No let up in sight until mid week next week . Thank God for a full woodshed and a boiler the shop is warm and dry .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Woodcutter_Mo

40°F and light rain this morning. I got the wood furnace fired up yesterday, really felt good last night. Turned off the a/c and turned on the wood heat in a single day  :D
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

lxskllr

Fantastic day! High of 63, and I had a nice quiet construction job in the woods. On the way to job, I traveled through a part of the county I wasn't familiar with. Nice small dirt roads, and I saw an 18th or 19th century log house(maybe a mill) along the creek. Got to the job to layout clearing limits, and the briers weren't too bad. Finished up laying out anchor bolts on an abutment. I was only me out there. I spent the day by a couple creeks under the shady trees in the country, and didn't sweat a drop. The loudest noise aside from the creeks was a red tail hawk flying overhead.

I feel kind of bad having such a good day when our southern members got hammered by a storm, but it really was picture perfect. Must be what heaven looks like. Best wishes to the southerners. Hope you soon have a day like I had  :^)

thecfarm

We got a frost yesterday. But not a heavy one. The tomatoes up high was fine. The bamboo up on the hill is still green. But right now I have 32°. Might of got it this time.
A late frost. Most times mid Sept will do it. Growing up was the start of Sept.  Now seems like the start of Oct. But that can all change. I have seen us get a frost and than it will warm up for 3-4 weeks. Yesterday was up to 55° with sun.

Woodcutter_Mo

No frost here yet but it turned off pretty cold over night last night. It was fairly warm before I went to bed, probably mid 50's and when I woke up at 3am it was about 37°F and supposed to only warm up into the 40's today. There is a chance of frost tonight. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

sawguy21

Unseasonably warm here. Mornings are chilly with a light frost but we are in the mid teens celsius (high 50's low 60's for you Yanks ;D) by mid afternoon. The weather guru is saying it will last all week. Beautiful time of year with the fall colors.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

chevytaHOE5674

Down into the low 20s with a hard freeze two nights ago. Woke up this morning to 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. Winter has arrived.

SwampDonkey

Saw a flurry Saturday afternoon rain down off the mountain, could be some Thursday. ;D This fall is cooler than last year, but still not cold. I only wear a shirt in the woods, no coat. But I did dig an arm load of winter coats out of storage on Sunday and piled another 1-1/2 cord of rock maple in the basement Sunday. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Billbob

G'day Gents and Ladies!

It's been a while but I thought I would check in to see what the scuttle butt is all about.   I see we are still talking about the weather!  LOL!!

For what it is worth here in Southern New Brunswick it is currently 10c and light showers.  I remember that when I was a wee lad (I am currently 6'4 270lbs...so 'wee' is subjective!) it would be around 0c at this time of year and we would have an couple of inches of snow on the ground.   Am I a believer in climate change you ask??  You betcha!!

Cheers to All!

Billbob
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

WDH

90 degrees here today :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hturner12

Quote from: WDH on October 15, 2018, 07:46:51 PM
90 degrees here today :).  
I got a little rain at the land in Monticello  but nothing at the  house
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

51cub

Rain all day yesterday, rain and wind overnight. It's cleared up now and supposed to be sun and in the 50s today
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Woodcutter_Mo

No frost here this morning, only got down to 38 with a heavy dew. Supposed to be dry for the next several days with lows in the 30's-40's and highs in the 50's to upper 60's. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

thecfarm

There!!! Now it feels like mid October. A cold rain yesterday and the wind is blowing. I'm not use to this cold weather.    ;D

WDH

90+ degrees here today.  New record :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!