iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Well the weather  has been fine enough the last week and a half that I have not had a wood fire since. It's not hot out by any stretch, but the warm air with those hurricanes and the humidity has allowed me to live in comfort. A wood fire would be too hot, the couple or 3 times I did have a fire over a week ago I had to open windows and doors.  :D It was more to dry the place out.   8) Probably need a little smudge by the weekend, not suppose to get much warmer than 50 F.  :(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Weather has been like SD said.I did have a slight frost.We are on a small hill.Usually it's just high enough to avoid the first frost of the season.We never did have a second frost yet.Next year some 120 day tomatoes are going into the garden.For the ones that don't know,I have a 90 day growing season here.But late years it's been 120 days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

It was 16 F this morning.  69 F inside the house.  It is barely making it into the 40's during the day.  I've been stoking small fires for almost 2 weeks now.

Bill Johnson

Wet snow here this morning....not too much but the ground was white in a couple of spots.  Marcel its time to get your plow all polished up ;D
Bill

crtreedude

This is about the time of year if I give weather reports I start receiving nasty messages....  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

IMERC

Quote from: crtreedude on October 02, 2008, 11:53:15 AM
This is about the time of year if I give weather reports I start receiving nasty messages....  :o

what is with that???
give the high elevation report on weather and the nastie grams show yup...

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

isawlogs

Plow , polish !!!!    :o  Sheesh I aint even in hunting mode yet , let alone plowing mode ........... :-X   :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Saw two moose on my trail yesterday, cow and bull. Bull gave a warning snort. Also, saw a grouse, and as John Candy would say, "Scared the B-Jeebies out of me!" :D Later seen his nemesis, a goshawk on the hunt. He scared me too. Dang birds gotta stop flying up 10 feet in front of me.  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Well, the weather has moderated (warmed) a bit in the far NE. I had to remove the vest the last couple of days as the sun felt like 80 degrees even if it was only 63 F.  ;D I have not had a fire for 3 days now. Today is dull looking but mild and the odd sprinkle. Next couple of days are going to be the warmest of the week. Last year the third week of October was in the mid 70's. Maybe we can get a little of that next week before the big downward spiral into the frozen abyss. :) It would also be beneficial in getting the rest of the potatoes into storage. Some farmers have 120 day russets and with the slow spring it pushed them into the last week of September before harvest this year. They can dig up a lot of spuds in a day with those modern 4 row harvesters and 4 row windrowers. You take a long field and the truck is full half way down the row. ::)

Warbird

8 degrees F this morning.  Winter is officially here.  :(

Tom

We are having great weather.  Highs are about 80°, lows about 70° and broken cloud cover with afternoon showers and rain after dark, stopping in enough time for things to dry up some before morning.   It's almost like when I was a kid and I'm really enjoying it.  8)

StorminN

Wednesday night, we got the first snow of the year on the mountains here... just a dusting up high. The days have been in the 60's, nights in the 40's, but creeping down to the 30's here and there... what we have of foliage is in color, and the apples should be ready as soon as we get a good frost.

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

SwampDonkey

Well it's turning white here and 33 F this morning. Marcel, they say this came from a cold air mass in Quebec, so I'm holding you accountable.  ;D :D :D

We expect around an inch, but won't last long.

IMERC

Quote from: Warbird on October 09, 2008, 10:59:58 AM
8 degrees F this morning.  Winter is officially here.  :(

here too....
lots of wind and snow really make it winter....

I'm going back to bed....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

tyb525

Around 65 highs here lately, down to the low 40's or high 30's at night. No snow yet.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Warbird

They are calling for sub-zero overnight lows here by the end of the week.  :(

SwampDonkey

20 F here this morning and clear. Going to be in the 50's the rest of the week. Rain on Sunday. The snow was just a skiff here, melted by noon. Up by Pappy's they said there was 6" of the white stuff.  :-X :-\

Warbird

We got 4 - 5" of snow yesterday.  Rumor has it we could get another 2" today but I've not seen the morning weather report yet.  Yes...  winter is definitely here.  The snow has been on the ground for a few weeks now.  I've just not wanted to admit it.

Guess I kinda wanted to ban winter this year.   ban_smiley

WDH

It might rain here tonight 8).  I got my hopes up...........
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 22, 2008, 06:32:59 AM
Well it's turning white here and 33 F this morning. Marcel, they say this came from a cold air mass in Quebec, so I'm holding you accountable.  ;D :D :D

We expect around an inch, but won't last long.

Seeing as I am gonna be blamed ... hope you get enough to try out your shovel  ;D :D

We did get enough here to cover the fields , but it all was gone by afternoon .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

Well, it was -8 F this morning.  67 inside the house before I stoked the fire.  The boiler (burns heating oil) is heating just the shop, as I've got the run to the crawl space shut off right now.  It was 42 in the crawl space and 49 in the shop.

Figure we are burning 1 - 2 gallons of heating oil per day, currently.  Not too shabby.  We are burning a good deal of wood, tho.  I'm going to have to get the plumbing on the boiler stuff fixed up soon, as the crawl space will be needing some heat soon.  :-\

All in all, even with the early and colder than normal winter, I can't complain.  We're doing pretty good.  Hope y'all are prepared and will have cozy winters.

SwampDonkey

Was 32 F this morning and warmer south breeze, Been in the 50's last couple days. Rain tomorrow. Getting cold by mid week.

DanG

Did ya get any rain WDH?  We got a good soaker here, about 4 inches over a 24 hour period. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Corley5

Rain, sleet, hail, thunder and lightening was todays weather.  Supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow but warming back to the 50s by mid week.  Must be fall  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

WDH

Quote from: DanG on October 26, 2008, 09:13:57 PM
Did ya get any rain WDH?  We got a good soaker here, about 4 inches over a 24 hour period. :)

A blessed one and a half inches.  I found out that my front porch has sprung a leak :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!