iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I went to my friends in the Outaouais for our anual hunting party over the weekend, its a 3 1/2 hour drive there.  Was some snow in the forcast, 2 to 4 inches, man that forcast ever get skewed  ::) a little over 12 inches of nice snowball making snow came down while I was having fun  ::)   Took all day to get the yard cleaned. Bright side was that it was mild out and only a light shirt to work in.

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it's been real mild. It's 32 degrees right now, any warmer and those snow flurries are going to be rain showers. I know a furnace fire is mighty hot in here. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Sure does hate to get above freezing around here.We had 2-3 days last week that was above,but everything has tightened up again.Down into the single numbers and some days below zero.At at high noon up in the lower 20's.Weather reports says we are at below for normal temps for this time of year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Got 3 Alberta clippers coming this way, one right now sending squalls, one tomorrow and one on Monday delivering shovel depth snow. By next weekend we will be in the low 40's apparently. A lot milder this morning than the past 3, 12 degrees. Has been around -2 or 0 last 3 days. Suppose to climb close to 30 today.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Supposed to climb into the 70's here next week and no rain.  I have trees to fell and buck.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Coon

We are right in the middle of a warm spell right now.  I was out shoveling snow earlier today in only a t-shirt.   ;D  Doesn't sound like it will stay around 0 C for long though  ::) 

Swamp we just filled this Alberta klipper with snow, lotsssssss of snow, and sent it your way.  Sounds like you need something to cool you off anyhow.  ;D  :D  :D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Thanks.   ;D  Warm and snowflake free in the shop.  8)

Coon

SD,
It wouldn't hurt my feelings none if you took the rest of the snow we get this winter.  We have far too much already and the heavey snow months are just coming.   ::) 

Hope you have your firewood all stacked inside where you'll be able to find it.  I believe we sent about 16" of snow that so wet that you'll have to shovel it cuz no snowblower will feed it through.   :D 

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Coon on February 12, 2011, 09:14:04 PM
Hope you have your firewood all stacked inside where you'll be able to find it. 

Oh well, there's always the clapboards, then the furniture. ;D

Banjo picker

SD I believe I recall that just a short while ago you were lamininting about a shortage of cold weather an no snow....Your sled should work now... :D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

SwampDonkey

Tim, yup we have lots of snow now. Not as much as to the south, but lots. Trouble is, we never had any rain on it to make a hard base. You go clean to the bottom in that fluffy stuff. But, as long as the plows don't sand the road too much I can run'r on the road shoulders on packed snow. ;D :) Been too busy in the shop really to slide much.  Winter is soon going to end. :-\ Sunny and -2 this morning.  8)

miking

Having a thaw here. It's great hearing the drip, drip, drip outside and the south wind blowing. Might have reached 50 today and even now at 9:30 it's still 40-something.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

Chuck White

Kinda surprised me, got up about 5:00 this AM and it was/is 40°, on the + side! :) ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

We had 6" over night and I also noticed the snow was about 2-1/2 feet on the shed roof. We had a mild few days last week that suddenly froze ice up there so the snow wouldn't slide. Had to get some ladders and my home made roof rake I made from wood and pull snow and break up the ice. That was a whack of snow on 12 feet of slope, 30 feet wide. Then had the move all that away from the doors and blow out the driveway and shop. A good 2-1/2 hours. Time for a smoke break. Phew!! My arms are ready to fall off. 

smiley_beatnik

Raider Bill

High supposed to be 74 today and a sunny cloudless sky. Weekends going to be high 70's low 80's. no rain in sight. Shorts, flip flops and tank top.

Need to mow the lawn tonight and clean the gutters..  :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

SwampDonkey

Glad your enjoying the weather Bill.  ;D

Raider Bill

I just don't know how or why I put up with it.......... 8) 8)
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Coon

Swamp, just wait.... you haven't got the big dump of wet snow we sent yet.... it'll keep you busy for more than 2 1/2 hours.   ;D  We are filling up the clouds and sendin more over your way as I type this.  We are supposed to have a high of +3 C here today and then snow/rain this evening.  I think it's time to start building a BIG raft cuz when the snow goes there's gonna be alot of water in a hurry and the ground is saturated. 

Weatherman here has got to be half nuts..... he says that by the end of the week we will be in the deep freeze again with temps around -20 C.  :-\

Norm

So when it's a 100° with 95% humidity it'll be ok to tell you how nice it is up here....oh wait that's what it's like here in the summer.  :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Raider Bill on February 15, 2011, 10:23:48 AM

Need to mow the lawn tonight and clean the gutters..  :D

Mine's frozen solid, so eliminates those troubles. :D :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Coon on February 15, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
Swamp, just wait.... you haven't got the big dump of wet snow we sent yet....

Suppose to be something by Friday night, don't know much about it yet. Going to be warm Thursday and Friday, I think just a 36 hour reprieve. ;D  It's only about 12 F here today and 25 mph wind. We might have had 14 days of cold, but it would warm up into the teens by noon on those days. Might have been a couple around 5 for the high. The coldest night all winter here was -16F and the rest of the cold was no colder than -10 and mostly 0 to -3. Now some places around they've had -20 F or so near rivers and in the low valleys and dips. Gotta laugh, every darn winter the weathermen say, "colder than normal today." What a bunch of goofs. It might be a difference of a couple degrees from average. ::) This winter ain't even close to 2008 for cold and snow.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Norm on February 15, 2011, 12:05:39 PM
So when it's a 100° with 95% humidity it'll be ok to tell you how nice it is up here....oh wait that's what it's like here in the summer.  :D

Well then I'll be on my hill in Tenn playing in the woods. ;D

Paul_H

I just heard a caterwauling outside and went to investigate and saw a flock of Canada Geese heading North East 8)
Last fall it was a sorrowfull feeling watching them head out to the South and it's mighty uplifting to see their return.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Samuel

12 - 14 inches of fresh snow yesterday with 40-50 mph winds so it was nasty conditions and big snow drifts.  Was - 30 C here this morning.
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D It will be a few days before they return here. Hey Paul, we had them year round up at the Camp in Eden Lake on the Charlottes.  That's a long ways from Enderby chum. ;D :D :D :D

Between my house and a shed next door, the snow is over my head. Two shop windows are sealed up with snow on the glass, only have one I can see out. Nice and cozy in the igloo. :D

Thank You Sponsors!