iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Glaciers are coming down from the North  :).  Heck, Raider Bill might even have to put on some long pants  :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

:o   Tux   ???    :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I heard that he was getting married.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

Chuck White

It rained here most of the night, not the freezing kind, just rain and the temp is now 34°.  :-\

According to the weather channel, we still have a weather mass heading our way.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Had two inches of snow, still below freezing and 24. They say rain is coming. Better warm up first. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Looks pretty for us, pretty cold.  40's today and 20's tonight, but clear.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Quote from: WDH on January 12, 2012, 10:46:31 PM

He is! Wow where did you hear that.  ;D

Autocar

West central Ohio this morning 0 windchill with white out ground blizzards. Yesturday it was almost 50 degrees with rain.
Bill

SwampDonkey

Finished cleaning up here and there has been a fog making crust on the snow, but no rain. This sure was played up for a little tiny bit of snow. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Got another 3-4 inches of snow last night with lots of drifting. I haven't plowed my driveway at all the last 2 days and the gravel is still showing but I have other places that were plowed last night and had 2-3 foot drifts again this morning. Got everything all plowed out, now just my luck it started snowing again.  :D

thecfarm

Just about freezing rain off and on here. Did not get anymore snow in the night.Probaly not a good day to be out on the roads. Some just don't know how to drive in this stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Could hit -50 F tonight.  :(

Norm

Mooseherder

Quote from: Norm on January 13, 2012, 07:30:43 AM
Quote from: WDH on January 12, 2012, 10:46:31 PM
He is! Wow where did you hear that.  ;D

I hope they wait for warmer weather. ;D

Chuck White

It's really snowing and blowing here now, started around 11:00 AM.

School was closed again today. 
The powers-to-be finally decided to call it after we had already left the garage with all of the busses.  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

The rain finally arrived here after being ice fog all day. It's not raining hard yet, just hit and miss. All the snow from last night slid off the roofs.

Chuck White

Well, it looks like we've started Winter here.  ;D

7:00 AM, we had 0°F and about 6 inches of snow.

The snow quit blowing around 11:00 last night and it quit falling sometime early this morning.

Now that I've had a cup of coffee, it's time to go out and get the snow blower cranked up and clean the driveway!

Doesn't take long though, ½ hour or so!

How are you doing up there SwampDonkey?

You must be getting it now, unless it has changed directions!

SwampDonkey

I don't think there is 2" here all together from the whole winter. Nowhere near the storm they said.

Autocar

Nineteen degrees this morning with snow flurries but the wind had laid. Yesturday I burned two days worth of wood in the furnace, wind was fearce.
Bill

sawguy21

We woke up to 6" of snow this morning and still coming down :o Already above freezing so it will turn into a sweet mess later. I talked to a friend who is hauling logs in west central Alberta, they are a month behind schedule because of the unusually mild weather. He said it was -4C at 4:30 this morning.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

30° this morning and 60° now.  I put my rebuilt starter back on the sawmill, and am getting everything ready for next week.  Sawing time is here again.   ;D

beenthere

What a difference.  8)
I took the FEL off this morning as the sun was up and the wind wasn't blowing, about 18 deg.
Beautiful day.
Put the snow plow on the tractor and readied the wing plow. Cleaned and reorganized the shed so am now ready for the winter snows that usually come. This year we'll just have to wait and see.
Enjoy the sawing next week.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well  ::) It was 24 F this morning at 5:00 am and it has dropped ever since. It is now 2 F, expected to drop to -17 by morning. Winter has begun. ;D That being said, I had to leave the shop door half open all day, my goodness it was hot. Heck I only used 5 sticks of wood all day. :D

customsawyer

Had 29 degrees this morning but it warmed up to 63 by afternoon. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!