iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm watching the weather channel now. Brookhaven along with other towns are getting clobbered.
Hang on Lynn!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

The third wave is hammering us now, but it is just heavy rain.  It now looks like I can pass this one along to those East of me.  Radar67, fishpharmer, wwsjr, and others can hunker down.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

It's headed our way, too. I'm going to try and head back to the cabin tomorrow morning, starting before dawn. Our forecast up there is for a high of 34 degrees, 100% chance of precipitation. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain on Wednesday. Thursday, mostly the same with a possible ice storm thrown in the mix. I may have to park down at the bottom of the ridge and walk up the driveway to the cabin, 200 feet above.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Shotgun

Glad you made it through the worst of it MM.  Looks now (6:45p.m.) as if there's some rain headed your way and it might even be freezing rain.  It could go north of you folks.  Hope the people to the east of you are safe.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

We are clear sailing.  I have talked with tomorrow's customer, so I will be sawing.  He said that I could not get the sawmill to the logs, but he has a grapple and will move the logs to the sawmill.   smiley_thumbsup  No rest for the weary.   smiley_old_guy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 25, 2012, 09:59:00 PM
We are clear sailing.  I have talked with tomorrow's customer, so I will be sawing.  He said that I could not get the sawmill to the logs, but he has a grapple and will move the logs to the sawmill.   smiley_thumbsup  No rest for the weary.   smiley_old_guy

For some reason, I see a stressful day coming. I hope not.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

That weather is supposed to get here tonight.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Glad you guys are all still standing tall down there. Suppose to see snow tonight I guess, could be up to a foot. First real heavy storm for this area if it hits. The last dump was just 10 miles away. I was thinking of you guys at the time because it never crossed the Canada border and was thinking "snow line". :D

Heck Jake and I drove all over road that was not plowed with his big FORD the other day. I tried to get him across a little trickle of water, but he bulked. :D ;) Just as well as i didn't want to see a man try and get that wet frozen mud off his "relatively" clean truck. 'Have you seen the inside?' ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

36° and very windy today.  I'll set the sawmill up so that the sawdust....... ;D

Autocar

Got up this morning and the wind is howling out of the northeast which isn't a good sign, we can get hammered with snow. There calling for 4/8 inches when I went to bed Iam not sure if they have changed it or not. Its as fine as sand so drifting will be bad if we get very much. Theres always tomarrow providing Gods on the same channel as I am  :D.
Bill

Magicman

The news is showing many instances of high wind/tornado damage through the state.  That booger was bad yesterday.

Chuck White

Today is our coldest day yet this winter, -6° at 7:30 AM.

Think I'll stay in for a while!  whiteflag_smiley
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

Sure feels like winter outside now. Warming up outside its already 8 degrees, didn't look at the temp when I checked the cows at 6am but it was sure cold as my noise hairs froze up instantly... Brrrrrr.

bama20a

sure hope & pray everyone made it ok. yesterday,
  as for use there is alittle snow falling now.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

sandhills

That is quite a storm, we had it here on Wednesday/Thursday last week and it seems it gets stronger the farther NE it gets.  Had to have my stepdaughter in Omaha for a doctors appointment last thursday morning so we went on Wednesday trying to beat it, coming home was horrible on Thursday, 35-40 mph on 4 lane roads and all the idiots that still think 65 is about right going around you.  Sure felt bad for a lot of the truckers, one guy didn't make a hill and was trying to back down it with another truck behind having to do the same, three more had gotten the news and they were all sitting about a 1/2 mile back waiting, nothing but snowpack and ice.

OneWithWood

It started snowing in ernest about the time I got up this morning.  Went out directly after breakfast to put chains and plow on the tractor.  Just came in a while ago (4pm) from plowing, reinforcing the greenhouse and trying to remove very heavy and wet snow from the cover.  13+ inches on the ground and it is still coming down.
This is very rare for our neck of the woods - and I am glad it is.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

OneWithWood

Ha!  First snow plow came down the road just now and buried the end of the drives...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

SwampDonkey

They expect it to hit in here by tomorrow night. There was snow in the air all morning, but it was like a haze, no accumulation. The larger critters may not care for snow, but we need it up in the north.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Shotgun

Quote from: OneWithWood on December 26, 2012, 04:17:27 PM
Ha!  First snow plow came down the road just now and buried the end of the drives...

That's their duty, don't ya think.     :D    And they're pretty good at it.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

thecfarm

My neck of the woods a foot,down by the coast,2 hours away, maybe 3 inches and rain.
Than that's all the news will talk about. ::)  Yes,we may not get many foot storms,but we are ready for it. The storm does seem like a slow one. When we start getting more than an inch an hour,than it does get bad. Snowplows can't keep up with it than. We'll see how the wind does. When I was growing up snow fences were put up by the town. Somtimes they would put one on top half way through the winter. I don't think I know where one is up now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

Iam not sure how much we got here but I plowed the cty. road twice with the skidder and cleaned out here at home twice. Stopped snowing around five just flurries now and the wind has let up a little. I suppose in the next day or so we will be hearing from everyone in the northeast  ;D.
Bill

snowstorm

national weather service says 12" to 18" maybe more and the wind is gonna blow to 30mph out of the northeast. a real noreaster then maybe some more for the weekend. could be interesting

SwampDonkey

They said the Patten area is gonna get bombed with snow.

ET

Just got inside from my first snow plowing of the year. Blowing horribly and freezing on contact to my truck windows. We got maybe 6 inches with maybe 3 more to go.  My cousin lives in North Pole Alaska , I have nothing to complain about.   ;)
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on December 26, 2012, 06:08:34 PM
national weather service says 12" to 18" maybe more and the wind is gonna blow to 30mph out of the northeast. a real noreaster then maybe some more for the weekend. could be interesting
Making you earn your pay this year!!! :snowball:
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!