iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Couldn't pound posts here yet, still ground frost after about an inch of squishy stuff. Realtor tried Friday to put up the for sale sign at my uncle's place. No go, like concrete. :D Ground is also too water logged to entertain planting seeds. Still under 50 degrees for the next week ahead. Nothing will grow in that except aspen and red maple blooms. Even the wild flowers aren't interested in that. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

And the Glaciers continue their inexorable march.....
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I'm up on a hill,so everything drains away from me. There are a few around here that is shocked that I can even walk on my garden this time of year. But if they are here I point out my piece of pipe that is about 12 high with a sprinkler on the top.I have to water when others do not have to.The garden up by my house has only been here about 35 years. The soil is not the best on this side of the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I'm on a ridge top myself,  but it's just not warm enough yet. Water don't soak in when the ground is solid. :D ;) Today don't look no warmer, it's 32 now, but going to dip into the 20's with 30 mph NW wind howling. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I am sending a gully washer to you guys in the NE.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Well, I'm going to dig out the brush saw today and cut down the red osiers in the field. Clean out the cob webs. Nice and sunny now, but big snow storm tonight. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Sunny and cold for the moment but snow is moving in. Calling for upwards of 12" for the next couple of days. I'm ready to see the grass anytime now.

SwampDonkey

Well, I shined the saw up some and added some grease. Got osiers cut. I will probably put in a carb kit. Seems to work fine though, but it's had 100 acres on it since the last kit. $10 is pretty cheap and I do it myself.  :)

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

I guess the record high we had yesterday was too much for our A/C unit. It felt kind of warm last night, and again this morning. I just returned home half an hour ago and it's 77 degrees inside, but I keep the thermostat set at 74.. :o Went outside and the unit is chugging away, just not cooling. >:( Called the company we use for an afternoon diagnosis, so that will be at least another $89.99.
The hits just keep on coming. :-[
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

clww

Thankfully, it wasn't as warm today since we had no A/C. After getting it fixed (bad fan motor), parts, labor, taxes, etc. etc., the final bill was $525.  ::) Could have been much worse I suppose.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pineywoods

North La. got heavily clobbered by severe thunderstorms around 1 am. No twisters but the hardest downpours I have ever seen. The storms were fast moving, so the deluge only lasted bout half an hour. My house has a metal roof, couldn't hear yourself think. No problem with flooding, any direction from my place is down hill.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

Our weather guy said from between 2" and 4" fell here depending on where you were.  I just know that we got some water.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

We got 2 1/2 inches last night and its rainning right now calling for another inch. Places near us picked up four nches, its been a long time sence it rainned that hard. Alot of lighting but no wind here, sure hope everyone else fairs as good as we did on severe weather
Bill

wwsjr

We got 1 3/4" of rain in about an hour. No flooding problem, Like pineywoods, I am on a hill. One person killed and lots of damage from tornado about 100 miles south of our place. Temp dropped from 70* yesterday to 40* this morning after the front moved thru.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

thecfarm

34 and the ground is white,might get 2 inches,might get some rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Was sunny here until mid afternoon, dull now. They say the white stuff is on the way. Might have some rain at the end. My cousin and a neighbor have both been collecting sap today.

MReinemann

35 degrees today and freezing rain when I got home from work had to break out the reserve fire wood stash. I'm always way behind on firewood...

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Winter just arrived with some snow.  ;D :D

mesquite buckeye

You guys ever get summer there?

Autocar

It only got to 43 degrees today and cloudy with a west wind. We ended up with three inches of rain here at home but other folks tell me they were over four inches. Sure won't log for a while but if it warms up I will look for some mushrooms  :D
Bill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on April 12, 2013, 06:28:58 PM
You guys ever get summer there?

Sometime around the 21st of June. ;D

Cousin just went down the road with the sap truck. New Brunswick is the 3rd largest producer of maple syrup. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

About 9" of snow overnight and this morning. Supposed to continue until tomorrow sometime then take a couple days off and back to more snow next week. I'm patiently waiting for spring to arrive.

thecfarm

mesquite buckeye,I won't tell you last year it was in the 70's mid March. That broke some records. That is unheard of in Maine,in March. It's funny how they shove a mike in some one's face and ask them if they are sick of winter.  :D We had a real easy winter I feel. Yes,some areas got some big storms,my area did not,but around here the snow is just about gone and has been since the end of March.In the woods there is snow,but most people have no idea about that.  ::) I've seen snow on the ground in April and not that many years ago either. I did plant peas the other day. That must count somehow.  :D
I've been feeling sorry for Chevy.Poor guy. So far the rivers and streams are not that high. BUT there is snow still up North and that will come this way,real easy and fast.

Thank You Sponsors!