iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

91 and sunny. ;D 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Chuck White

It's 50°F here today and hardly a cloud in the sky, and I'm here on the Forestry Forum instead of out sawing logs.

Oh well, the weekend is coming!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

All my snow went to the Bay of Fundy to feed them high tides that come up the Saint John River. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

I just ran errands on my bike in a T-shirt. 80 and sunny 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Warbird

Supposed to get 2" of snow tomorrow.  *facepalm*

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with 10-12 inches of snow and then the sun came out and it "warmed up" to 38°.

mesquite buckeye

Winter's coming. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on April 23, 2013, 08:56:07 PM
Winter's coming. ;D
>:(  How many inches/feet for the year, Chevy?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

They've upped the forecast for 3 - 5" of snow through tomorrow night.  It's getting a bit ridiculous.  At least the current snow pack is melting.

SwampDonkey

That cold weather is up into the Canadian prairies as well. Unusually cold.

Global warming. :D ;)

Just a normal spring here. I drove on a cross road that is dirt and they graded it already. The dust was flying like in July. Don't mistake it for the woods and fields being bone dry, they aren't slop'n wet neither. ;) Been no run-off though because there's no rain.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Its a balmy 19° this morning, the good thing about that is my boots didn't get muddy walking around outside  8).

The road commission hasn't announced the new snow total yet but we were at 304 inches, so with yesterdays snow it should be in the 312 neighborhood. That is 26 Feet of snowfall for the season..... 

thecfarm

26 feet,is that a record?
A heavy drizzle here,42°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Supposed to drop to 44° here tonight.  That is burrrr from 80°.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chevytaHOE5674

26 feet is not a record. The record high was 390 inches or 32.5 feet back in the late 70's......

OneWithWood

Mid 40s and up to 3" of rain for the next couple of days.  Mushrooms seem to have retreated for now.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

mesquite buckeye

SwampDonkey

We had a 15 minute mist mid-morning as I was carting off popple brush for 5 hours this morning to a bonfire. It seemed like there were a million branches and sticks from that sucker. All done and behind me now. :D

Roger2561

I took the week off from work this week to get some outdoor work done.  Yesterday's weather was in the low 40's, cloudy, Easterly wind all day long so I spent the day inside getting some Spring cleaning out of the way.  Monday was great from splitting wood so I split for nearly 7 hours.  Got about 1/3 of it split.  This afternoon the temps should get into the mid 70's so I feel the need for a motorcycle ride.  The work will be there, for no one will do it for me.  I live alone.

I may shut down the OWB for the season this weekend.  The night temps aren't that bad so I'll shut off the oil furnace when I go to bed and turn it on when I get up just to take the chill out.  I'll shut it off when I leave for work.   
Roger

Autocar

High 70's yesturday its 39 now with rain we got another inch this morning, Iam beginning to wonder if it ever will dry up.
Bill

Cedarman

I believe this is the latest in the spring that I have worn my insulated coveralls and it felt real good having them on this morning in damp windy chilly air.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

mesquite buckeye

The cold won't last. Talking mid 90's here in a few days- sustained.

thecfarm

Quote from: Cedarman on April 24, 2013, 09:38:46 PM
I believe this is the latest in the spring that I have worn my insulated coveralls and it felt real good having them on this morning in damp windy chilly air.

We had the same thing here yesterday morning,but with a drizzle. Than the drizzle stopped and it did warm up. The weather man said it would hit 60 and it did. Than the sun went down and the sweat shirt went back on. I had my stocking hat on the other night.Things are starting to green up and the maples are budded out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I found it to be a bit muggy yesterday myself.  :D It never let down much water, but the air was heavy. I was lugging off brush and busting up some of the but blocks off a popple and the water was running off me. It's going to be a hot summer.  ::)

thecfarm

In the afternoon it was,but at 9 in the morning that wind felt cold and raw. The only water you would of had running off you in the morning here would of been the drizzle.  :D

Magicman

We are wet with more rain forecast for most of next week.

The Mississippi River will not affect me, but when floodgates are opened the lowlands in Louisiana will be suffering.  Hopefully the levees will all hold, but boils can spring up anywhere at any time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!