iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a Yooper's uses for sawdust

Started by AtLast, July 12, 2003, 08:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

Just a few ideas fur da use of yur sawdust

1. Cover da kitchen floor so your old lady don't have to clean it any more. Maybe she'll quit naggin' once she gets more time to go play bingo.
2. If you have one of those fussy cats who refuses to go outside ta poop, cover da kitty litter with it so ya don't have ta change it so much.
3. Put sawdust on the sheets so da old lady don't notice da food crumbs yer always leavin' in da bed.
4. Makes an excellent fire starter, especially after you've drained yer old oil into it at each oil change.
5. Use it in yer favorite venison meatloaf recipe as extra filler when ya get those unexpected guests.
6. Store yer night crawlers in it fer fishin'.
7. Put a bag of it in da back o' da truck ta sprinkle on da ice when ya get stuck this winter.
8. Great source of fiber ta keep ya regular.
9. Make itty bitty bags of sawdust and sprinkle anise on them ta attract da deer.
10. Use as a filler fer yer lumpy mattress or anything else that needs a good stuffin'.
11. Sprinkle on da car hood ta see which one of the critters is walkin' all over yer car at night.
12. Put it in front of da door ta keep da old lady from complaining about all da sand ya been trackin' in.
13. Hang a bag of sawdust from da baby's neck ta sop up all dat drool.
14. Put in da ice cube tray ta keep da cubes from meltin' so fast in yer drink.
15. Spray into da walls ta insulate yer barn.
16. Pack up dat loose transmission, then sell dat truck quick!
17. Save on diapers. Put da baby in a box of sawdust. Guaranteed Junior will want ta get potty trained toute suite.
18. Mix with flour and water and bake inexpensive doggie biscuits for Rex and Fido.
19. Tired of buying so many boxes of tissues fer all yer snot nosed kids? Stick some sawdust up their noses and turn 'em loose. It'll last fer hours before they snort it out.
20. When ya gotta sell yer house trailer fast and ya want ta hide all da not so pleasant odors, sprinkle cedar shavings on the floors of every room as yer leaving.
21. Mix with Elmer's school glue. Makes great cheap Bondo ta patch up da rust spots.

Sawyerfortyish

# 7 does really work I've done that!  :)

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Here's one you left out;  When fishing on the edges of the "Big Salty Pond" just to the south of us, we frequently use live shrimp for bait. You can spend big bucks on live wells and aerators to keep your bait alive, and still have dead shrimp in a couple of hours. The guys that know their stuff put their live shrimp in a styrofoam bucket, and cover them with a shovel-full of damp sawdust. Toss a handful of ice on top every hour or so, and the shrimp will still be alive and kicking after a whole day of fishing. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Bro. Noble

DanG,  If I had a bucket of shrimp I wouldn't need to go fishing. :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

No kidding. I do love shrimp. 8)

Tom

Granted, shrimp are good.  I have to eat them now and again.  But, you can put one of those little boogers on a hook and catch a fish so big that he'll feed you for a week. :D

Jeff

Jeff

We always cary a gunny sack back to put in da deer shack on da floor. (sawdust not shrimp)

AtLast

WOW..it only took 4 posts to get on the food subject... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thank You Sponsors!