iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood By-products

Started by bwolfe1, March 03, 2009, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwolfe1

I am interested in what wood by products are available, that would normally not be used for any other purpose, which could be burned for commercial or residential heating?
Respectfully
Bruce W. Wolfe
Sedore Stoves USA
47909 County Road 37
Deer River, MN. 56636
www.sedoreusa.com
bwolfe@paulbunyan.net
sedoreusa@gmail.com
Mobile: 218-760-9480

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.

By-products are all available...but at a price. If left in the woods from logging, then they decay and return to the ground. If removed, there is a cost associated that must be offset by some return.

Tell us more about what you are thinking?  By-products left in the woods, in the processing plants, or at final use (building scraps, etc.).  You have pulp and chip and flake and lumber products coming from N. MN. How do you see working within those markets?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

I can't think of anything that isn't already being used.  It may vary from area to area.  Bark is used for mulch, sawdust for bedding and pellets, and chips can be made into mulch, bedding, paper, flakeboard and boiler fuel.  And, you can make anything into chips, so you have nearly nothing go to waste.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!