iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

good or badany

Started by wscott, March 29, 2009, 09:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wscott

looking to buy a echo cs-670 need to know what is good and bad about this saw.

thanks
wscott
You should always marry a ugly girl, when she leaves you, you want feel so bad.

MN Ripper

I'll throw in my .02 since I just picked up this model over a month ago.  In the short time I've had the saw, I've been cutting 8-10 hrs on Sat & Sun for the past few weekends bucking up large oaks, maple, elm logs a local tree service had piled up at their place.  I've been using the 24" bar it came with but have switched to Bailey's Woodsman pro 30RC chain and it melts through these hardwoods fast. 

Its made short work of cutting these timbers.  Granted out of the box on the first tank I wasn't that impressed-so I took the limiter caps off the carb and ended up backing them out a few turns.  I believe the low ended up being a 1/2 turn and the high speed a total of 2 turns or so from factory.  I had to tweak the high speed a few times more after I ran a few tanks more of gas through it to keep the "4 stroke" sound. I thought about modding the muffler but I just took the screen out, I saw it had 2 decent sized ports already and seems to cut well so I figured I'd leave it be for now.   

I really like the saw now and it been a pleasure to use.  Easy starting hot or cold, oils the bar very well and cuts a lot of wood on a gallon of gas.  I was stocking up on mixed gas thinking I go through a lot like I used with my 028WB but a gallon goes a long way now.  I checked the air filter today and its still fairly clean even after cutting some really dry dusty elm logs.  I find it comfortable for me to use all day.  I like its power curve it seems to hold its RPM's up good when you dig in with the felling dawgs and swing it down & through in the big stuff.

I had a hard time deciding on this saw or a Stihl 390, between this forum and a good local dealer I went with the 670 and have no regrets.  There are a lot of good saws available its just how much do you use it, how much $$ do you want to spend, and what is nearby for if you like buying local. 
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

ladylake

I've  got a older CS6700 that I really like, cuts fast and runs good. As mentioned above be ready to adjust the carb richer if you don't have a dealer that will.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hoogie

i got one of these after a factory recall on my vl500 from 1985 that i ran a two months ago, the dealer was supposed to give me a cs500, i asked if i could pay the difference between the two saws and he was happy to do so, and man have i been pleased. like stated earlier easy starting, great when warm, i'm real pleased with the 24" but i also purchased 20" which really screams with no carb. adjustments....not to mention the five yr warranty.... smiley_bounce
empyre pro series 200 gasifier
echo cs-670
fiskers splittin axe
and trusty ol wheelhorse D-160 and trailer

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to the Forum Wscott, MN Ripper & Hoogie  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) You wil find a wealth off information here Fellas  ;)  8) 8) 8) 8)

With Chainsaws any of the highend saws will give you a good Runn for you money  ;) Like Dads told me since  i was a kid  ;) A Saws only as Good as its Owner is to it  ;) and its Too True  ;) :D ;D 8)

With some box store saws sometimes its ouicker  to just leave the bar cover on it  ;) and try to cut the tree down by holding the bar and Belting the motor up against it  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;)

Reguards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!