iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The unfamiliar end of the mill

Started by woodmills1, April 05, 2009, 03:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

this sweet 20 foot pine had me playin down on the unfamiliar end of the mill, where the drive chain gets rusty.

It was 20 inches at the top and yielded: 1  8x10, 7 2x9, as well as 5 2x3 and 7 4/4 jacket boards.

SWEET

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

gizmodust

Looks like that one will make you smile ear to ear:):) ;)
Always liked wood with alot of character

beav39

sawdust in the blood

Radar67

Quote from: tyb525 on April 05, 2009, 04:57:47 PM
Thats a big log :o

Come on down Ty, this one is 28 inches DBH and I have 4 other specimens that will equal or top it. They are still in tree form though.  ;)

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

ljmathias

Beautiful logs and nice beam.  Makes me ready for a delivery I'm about to get- 2 pines and a red oak, all around 40" and 12-16' long.  Not sure what I'll do with them- haven't cut anything that big on the mill since I got it set up permanent-like on a slab.

Oh, and for any newbies reading- where I'm from, we don't call it "still in tree form;" we say they're wild lumber...

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

woodmills1

delivered the beam, 20 2x9x16, and 2 8x8x8 to the customer later yesterday

man was he smiling...... :o  he just kept saying wow this is so neat!

when he called for the order he said how much would you charge for the beam

when I said $80 he said WOW... ??? I thought for a moment and said O you were thinking I would say 200, he said no 300 :D :D :D

I used three logs for the order, and there were so many extra pieces I have a half days work left edging and picking up
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!