iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help with debarker on woodmizer

Started by chaney, April 21, 2009, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaney

motor is not locked up, bearings feel good and breaker is set. What do I try next?

Dan_Shade

do you have a voltmeter? or a test light?

I'd start by checking if you are getting power at the motor.  Does the alarm sound when the switch is flipped?

if you don't have power at the motor, see if the switch has power, mice could have gnawed through a wire.

You are aware that it only runs if the forward switch is engaged?

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

sgschwend

Here is a guess, your brush is open.  Probably just one of the two, use a mallet and tap the side, it should start.
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

MartyParsons

solenoid. drum switch forward feed #2 finger broken, on off switch,

need more info ?
M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

petefrom bearswamp

My debarker needs constant adjustment.
It was perfect thru last fall.
I sawed today for the first time (due to cracked ribs) and it is out of whack again.
Marty can you help?
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sparks

The debarker is controlled by a solenoid. The drum switch must be in forward for the Debarker to work.

When you have the key on and the drum in forward is the Debarker light on. If not, it is the toggle switch or it is nor getting power from the drum switch.
If the Debarker light is on, check the Debarker solenoid to see if you have power on the smal terminal of the solenoid. If you do not, check the on/off toggle switch.
If you do, then see if both big terminals of the solenoid have power. If only one has power you have a bad solenoid. If both have power then you have a connect problem at the motor or a problem on the motor itself.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

MartyParsons

Explain Pete?
  The saw blade band should cut through the kerf of the debarker blade. Look at the rear of the Debarker the Aluminum plate has two adjustment bolts 5/16. Measure between the aluminum block and the bracket the bolts are threaded into. This measurement should be the same on both sides of the block. ( This is the Mark II Debarker) The Mark I 1998 and earlier had u bolts and they were a @#$ to adjust. Back to the Mark II Cut into a log and see if the adjustment is correct. If not turn the adjustment bolts evenly, If the Debarker is at an angle the Debarker will jump out of the log or the Debarker will line up on some logs and some logs it will not depending on the diameter of the log. You can also use the Blade tool we have to get the Debarker close. Trial in the log works best for me.
Does this help Pete? Some of the Debarkers are loose at the top so push the Debarker into the log and see if you can adjust it providing for the movement slack in the pin.
M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

petefrom bearswamp

Been out of town recreating.
Thanks Marty.
I fiddled with it yesterday using the blade alignment tool and all is well so far.
pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!