iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Cry for Help

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 29, 2009, 08:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

I know someone, in Alaska, that is building a revolutionary Engine design. The engine needs special cams (2) ground for the design to function.

This engine uses NO fuel. Everything is contained in the system.

He has contacted, according to him, all the major Camshaft manufacturers. NONE offered to make what he needs. He has done all the math, and, even sent cams to several of those that said "maybe". NOONE has gotten back to him, starting in August ? 2008.

I think he had someone cut up and re-do a cam, and just needed it welded correctly and re-hardened. That fell through ???

Does anyone on the FF, KNOW someone that would be interested in doing this job. ???

The guy is an experimenter-inventor extraordinaire, and recently had an incident with Diesel and something else, that destroyed his speech ability. He has done amazing things with the Hydrogen fuel development for HIS vehicles. I have a DVD of some of his stuff. he IS for real.

Anyone that CAN do this, or KNOWS someone that CAN do this, please respond here. Thanks
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Modat22

I remember seeing a cam grinder machine and its blueprints in an older hobbiest magazine called strickly I.C. magazine

http://www.strictlyic.com

sounds like the fella is working on a modified rankin cycle sterling engine.

I wish him luck.

P.S. I called the phone number on that web page asking about back issues. The fella told me he'd be able to send out the issues as long as he remained alive.. ???  So I'm not sure if that means you should hurry and order or take your time.

remember man that thy are dust.

rs1626

how many lobes what does it look like i might be interested  got a photo or a drawing ?

Fla._Deadheader

I don't have much info. I know the lobes are back to back on a couple of cylinders. It works on the principal of 2 cylinders working together. It's a 4 cylinder engine.

He claims to have everything needed to do the job. He says some of the guys he contacted try to tell him to do things differently ??? 

He just wants the things done, so he can finish the engine.

Let me see if I can contact him. Send me your email addy in a Private Message ???
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

rs1626
Can you Private message me with a little background on your capabilities ??? Do you have a business, or a side thing to do this kind of work ???

This is an open source project. He plans on entering the $10,000,000.00 Contest for new designs of work performing power sources.
   First, it is ridiculed;

cheyenne

I would think any good shop with a cam grinder could handle this. Unless two lobes being back to back is a problem.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Fla._Deadheader

You would think so. He has a couple guys I scrounged up, to see what they can come up with.  8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

baronthered

Cornett machine in Somerset KY may be able to do it. Here's there information 1635 S Highway 27
Somerset, KY 42501
(606) 678-5163

I've seen tham do some very rough custom work over the years and if they can't do it they should be able to tell you who could. They specialize in engines and racing engines, so I'd definitely give a call. I have seen biplane engines getting entire new insides machined and stuff for heavy equipment that is no longer sold made. You name it they can about do it. The only limitaion I know they have is making new castings. But that could have changed too it's been a few years since I've been there. Hope it helps.
Life's short make fun of it!

Fla._Deadheader

I will pass it along.  Thanks
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!