iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flat Belt Drive Pulley Needed

Started by Joe Lallande, July 19, 2009, 03:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Lallande

I am rebuilding a Belsaw M-14 powered by a 12" flat belt.  The drive pulley attached to the diesel engine is in very bad condition. My Rockford PTO has a 1-3/4" shaft.  The drive pulley is 12" wide with a 9" diameter. I am looking for a source for this drive pulley. Thank you. Joe Lallande, Alpena, MI

Ironwood

Steel? I have a bunch here (from an art project). I am sure I have what you need, I'll PM you. You can pay shipping and just give a donation to the FF( to repay Jeff for my Pudding stone that he sent me).

This is just a small number of what I have here, and I can call an Amish buddy who has a TON of them in Western Pa., one way or another I can provide you w/ what you need. 
       Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

bandmiller2

Joe,I have seen adds in old tractor magazines for people that rebuild paper/fiber pulleys.I had the same thing as a friction feed on my mill and rebuilt it using many discs of rubber impregnated cotton conveyer belt.I was told discs of masonite will work also,cut compressed and turned on a lathe.Possibly you could repair that pulley it looks as though only the end is damaged if evened out and discs made oversize they could be turned down like you would do on a wood lathe with a bar and sharp tool.Our brothers that mess around with old engines and steam always have pulleys at their shows and meets.Frank c.

A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Joe Lallande

Yes, I tried to repair the end by removing one inch of material.  Several of the wood dowles are cracked and there is a crater in the middle where the drum was exposed to the weather for 10 years. The whole drum has dry rot.  I have found smaller drums, however for my 9" belt I need a wider drum.

Ironwood

I never made it out to my storage area today, perhaps tomorrow.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Ironwood

I have some 1.5" shaft pulleys. One is 6" wide x 12" diameter, second is 8" wide x 15" diameter.

I will call my Amish buddy to see what he has.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!