iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any small mills to visit ?- DC to Jackson MS.

Started by gemniii, September 10, 2009, 05:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemniii

I'm about to do a short road trip - From Alexandria, Va (16 Sept) to Jackson Ms (19 Sept to 27 Sept) via Fulton Ms, then coming back thru Ft. Campbell/Nashville Tn (5 Oct thru 17 Oct) to Va. 
So far about all I've dug up to visit is Miner Saw in Tuscumbia, AL and Barlow Equipment in Somerset, Ky.

Interested in small sawmills and tractors
Any suggestions?

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

dukndog

Lotsa stuff around Scotts Hill, Linden, Waynesboro, Tenn. Pretty much anything up the "Trace" towards Nashville. Some old mills around where I grew up would be Graham Lumber and Dill Lumber, both in Linden within a 1/4 mile of each other. Several small operations scattered throughout the woods in middle/west Tennessee.

Have fun and take pics!!
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Banjo picker

If you coming down hwy 72 and hit 25 toward Fulton ...you will be within a bout one mile from my little operation ....I got my pin poked in the map...give me a pm if you want to see it....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

woodpeckerlips

You don't have to do all that traveling to see small mills or tractors. 25 miles south off you in fredericksburg I know of 3 small circle mills. I own one, my freind has one and probly 20 old tractors. Antiques. Does the tractor pulls with some of them. When you get back come see us. You can see our stuff anytime.

Thank You Sponsors!