iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Michigan to Iowa to Missouri

Started by Jeff, September 15, 2003, 11:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We are leaving this Saturday Morning with the ultimate destination of the Midwest Forest Products Show on next Friday and or Saturday.  Think we may make a whirl wind trip to Iowa and down through Missouri ending up at Nobles house on Monday and staying near there for a few days.

We beleive we will drive straight from home to Electric Als, spen the night then head south or what ever way it is to Nobles. We want to be at Nobles at a decent time on Monday. Any suggestions on route or places to stop or people to see?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Do you plan to go up across the big bridge,  cross on the big boat,  or go down through ellynoise?  I looked on the FF mapand there's lots of trees anyway you would go. 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Going down and across. It should only take about 8 hours to get to Al's. 8 or 9. We will leave there Sunday Morning and head south.

Bro. Noble

Some places between here and Al's that you might want to check out if they are near the route you take are:

Mt. Pleasant Ia.  Probably the biggest and best old machinery show going.  I think they have a permanent museum.

Hanible Mo.  Mark Twain's home and museum.

Lousiana Mo.  Stark's nursery

Jeff

Hannibal, thats where I should go to paint my fence. Where was Billy the kid from? ;D

Bro. Noble

I believe Billy was from New York  and ended up in Arizona.

You may be thinking of Jesse James.  He was killed in St. Joseph and lived in different places in Mo. as well as Tenn and, or Ky.

You will probably go by Jesse James's Cave on I-44.  It's a tourist trap and I'm not even sure Jesse ever even was near there :)

On the other hand,  you will likely explore a cave that was a robbers hideout.  If you want,  you can see the bank he robbed,  ammo taken off of him when he was caught.  You can see the spot where he was captured and the gun that took him.  There's no admission charge,  but ya gotta be nice to the guide :D :D    Heck,  he'll probably even let you shoot the old gun ;)

chet

Hey Jeff,  Ya'll be carefull when you git dat fur south. Dem folks down dar will try ta make ya eat some stuff that they refur to as grits.   :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Bro. Noble

Chet,

Remember Arky saying something about eating some good stuff and not asking what it was?  You reckon Jeff has the same philosophy?  ;)  He won't suspect a thing :D

Thank You Sponsors!