iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I can't be the first?

Started by Onthesauk, October 14, 2009, 09:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthesauk

Finally got to the doctor after being down for nearly a week and they confirmed it as swine flu, saying that 98% of what they are seeing in our county has tested as such.

Not much fun but think I've had worse.  Least fun is a sore throat that just won't quit.  I've got some underlying health issues that might make it last a bit longer then for most but hopefully through the worst of it.  Our wet fall weather has arrived so I'm probably better off in here anyway.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

WH_Conley

The wife told me I got the pig flue that she was gonna put me in the bottom with the electric fence and let me clean it up.

Good luck to ya brother, wish I could do somethin to help except to say I am feelin for ya.
Bill

Brad_S.

I'm glad I have anti-virus protection on my 'puter after clicking on your post!
Hope you're up and running soon.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Tom

Ah yes!  Sounds like the ideal ploy to lay back, read a good book, watch some football on TV and get in some serious retirement practice.  Keep your shoes off of the couch!   :D

Warbird

Ack.  Sorry to hear that.  What kind of symptoms have you had? 

Pretty sure I had it, too but I didn't have any real 'plumbing problems', so I'm not sure.  Just had some nausea off and on with headaches the first week, then it was really sore throat and head cold the second week, with some intermittent fever.  The third week I just felt really run down but was over all the bad stuff.

Chico

Just got over, that crap myself sucks hope you get better soon
Chico
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Faron

I am trying for a Dr. appointment today.  I am starting my 5th week of feeling yucky after the flue. ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Onthesauk

My version has been a dry, hacking cough and a terrible sore throat, for over two weeks now.  Little bit of fever that comes and goes, some congestion, secondary infection in my eyes, none of the aches and pains they talk about and no nausea.  Sleeping 12 hours a night and have dropped 8 pounds, just not much appetite.

Someone sent me a checklist of symptoms for swine flu vs "regular" flu.  I had 2 out of 10 for swine flu, 6 out of 10 for regular flu and yet they say, at least in our area, virtually eveyone tested falls into the swine flu catagory. 

Have to remind yourself how little "they" know about some of this stuff and how quickly it may change. 
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

okmulch

My five year old had it two weeks ago , He only had a fever, but he did not want to eat anything. We had to make sure he drank a lot and ate as much as we could get him to eat. He must have had a mild version of swine flu because that was all the symptoms he had and was over it in four days. The pediatrician ran the test on him and it came back positive so we know it was the swine flu. Luckily his little brother and my wife and I have not got it.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

ErikC

My wife works at a doctor's office, and they have had a few reported cases. She and two or 3 others had the flue symptoms, but hers were not too severe, and she wasn't tested, so unclear on that. It's in the area though.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Warbird

I read somewhere that they are just doing general flu tests and if positive, they are calling it swine flu.  I guess the test for the actual swine flu is very expensive or something.

isawlogs

They are doing that to try and justify the spending that has been done around this flu ..  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

I've been told the same as Warbird around here too. All classed as swine flu.

People get the flu every year. Some worse than others.

But now, the Gov't should take care of it and make it more better so we don't have to suffer. DanG that Gov't for letting me feel bad.  ::) ::)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Warbird

They make a pill to help you feel better about that too, BT.  ;)

Tom

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

nas

Quote from: Warbird on October 15, 2009, 05:22:26 PM
I read somewhere that they are just doing general flu tests and if positive, they are calling it swine flu.  I guess the test for the actual swine flu is very expensive or something.
My wife tells me it takes about 10 days to get the results too.  By then you are either better or dead.  At her work, the ER, they are calling it the HINI(pron. Hinny), sounds like some kind of STD. ::)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Thank You Sponsors!