iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood (Logosol) LM 410

Started by ForestMan, January 25, 2010, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestMan

I am absolutely giddy!

Norwood has a new Log Moulder 410.  It is made by Logosol, their European partners. 

You can cut logs on your Woodmizer LT10 and then plane and mould a finished product right on your sawmill!

I just found this today.  Does anyone else know about this? 

How much does it cost?

Here is a video (in Swedish, but you get the point with the video) that shows it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jGWEzmw4rM

I would LOVE one of those.
There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

jdtuttle

Have a great day

ForestMan

I called Norwood.  The LM 410 goes for $3999 + SH ($300 - $400 depending on location in US).

donny hochstetler

how many knives come with it and is it electric seems like you could get your payback rather quickly if a person could sell a couple log cabin kits

ForestMan

A planer knife comes with it.  Moulder knives are purchased separately, but there are a wide variety.  Also, if they don't have the design you need, they can take a sketch from you and make you custom blades.

It comes standard with a 9hp Honda recoil engine.  In the US, there is an electric option as well. 

Here is a link of the LM 410 features:

http://www.norwoodindustries.com/en/content/Products/norwood_industries_planers_moulders/Norwood_sawmills_log_moulder.aspx

moonhill

This is a test, please stand by...

ForestMan

You mean the 2 silver cant hooks in the video?  Looks like they are probably 2 feet.  Also, I notice that they don't leave much of a mark on the wood.  That'll be import in handling heavy logs that you don't want to marr too much.

ForestMan

ahlkey

I agree that small log turner could come in handy around my manual Norwood mill.  The only other manual tool that I use often to move smaller logs under 15 inch or so is my "log lifter" which is handy in the woodlot as well.  See attached.

LOGDOG

I wonder if a guy could get that to work on a WM LT15 frame by chance? Anyone know?

That Norwood shows out nice in the video. It looked like both the mill and the moulder had power feed forward and back did they not?

LOGDOG

LOGDOG

The Logosol site says: "The track width is adjustable, which makes the molder fit on most brands of band sawmills, e.g. LT10 and LT15." So I guess that answers that question. I think I'm going to go ahead and get one. I've got almst 30 feet of LT15 frame that I've had left over from use as a log deck when I had the Peterson ASM. I don't have a cutting head on the LT15 and have been wondering what to do with it. I think this machine would pay for itself pretty quick. Thanks for posting this Forestman. I had seen it previously but it had just gone to the back of the list with a bunch of other things in my mind.

LOGDOG

donny hochstetler

why could"nt a guy make a separate track frame out of heavy timbers say like 6x6 tack your angle iron onto the top and have a very cheap second track and not tie up your mill keep us posted how its works as im watching this as well seems like it would make a nice addition to any small sawmill operation

moonhill

The log turner, the price $122, if I found the right turner on the Logosol site.  Nice logs, I want to see it work on logs with a sweep and a few knots.  A cool concept, I am sure you all would laugh at me, I have been known to try turning logs with two cant hooks at the same time by myself.  You all have been there, the log is almost around and you have to reset the hook and the log rolls back, two steps forward one back kind of thing. 

http://www.logosol.com/sawmills/accessories/log-turner.html

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

LOGDOG

Quote from: donny hochstetler on January 31, 2010, 10:50:33 PM
why could"nt a guy make a separate track frame out of heavy timbers say like 6x6 tack your angle iron onto the top and have a very cheap second track and not tie up your mill keep us posted how its works as im watching this as well seems like it would make a nice addition to any small sawmill operation

Donny,

You could do that. In fact, if you look on YouTube  there's a Logosol demo video showing the planer in use and if you look at the tracks they're just timbers with black, angle iron on top of them. Check it out.

LOGDOG

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: moonhill on February 01, 2010, 07:36:04 AM
The log turner, the price $122, if I found the right turner on the Logosol site.  Nice logs, I want to see it work on logs with a sweep and a few knots.  A cool concept, I am sure you all would laugh at me, I have been known to try turning logs with two cant hooks at the same time by myself.  You all have been there, the log is almost around and you have to reset the hook and the log rolls back, two steps forward one back kind of thing. 

http://www.logosol.com/sawmills/accessories/log-turner.html

Tim
I agree with moonhill, that little turner sure would be handy. I always load up at least two pee-vees just so that I can turn those odd shaped ones that keep wanting to roll back on you. I figure I got two hands may as well use them both.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

ljmathias

Ok, I'll be the one to ask- how much does this log planer cost?  Went to their web site but couldn't find a price or price list with options (blades etc).  Anybody got the information?

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Logosol Steve

Hi Lj,

It comes in electric or gas and is $3999. This comes with straight planer knives. There are various molder knives available as well. Feel free to pm or call me at the office for more info.

Thanks
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!