iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw carb tuning, do it myself or take it to a pro?

Started by jjmk98k, May 14, 2010, 07:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Hey guys... I have my 372 and 346, both needing their "first tune" since new.... Would I be better off ordering a Tach and doing it myself or taking it to a local pro shop and letting them do it?

They charge $35 to tune a saw, which I think is kinda pricey considering I can buy a Tach for the price of tuning 2 saws and be able to tune them anytime as needed.

Im pretty patient and comfortable tuning Holley and q-jets... just not too much experience with 2 stroke engine... i have some experience.... but when it comes to my XP saws... i guess I am overly cautious.

What do you guys do / recommend.

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Cut4fun

Do it yourself and you dont need a tach.   Use your ears.  Use the a tach to double check yourself, thats what I do when needed.

http://www.madsens1.com/saw%20carb%20tune.htm

chainsawr

As long as you don't lean the carb way out you can play with tuning them all you want.  You'll enjoy cutting more, knowing that you tuned them yourself.
www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

ladylake

If you own a saw learn how to tune it and how it sounds when lean or rich, it will likely save you from burning one up some day.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Rocky_J

Ahh, somebody already posted the Madsen's link.  8)
Nothing more for me to add here, carry on!  :)

jjmk98k

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Thank You Sponsors!