iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey Cedarman!

Started by Jeff, November 30, 2010, 09:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Year before last Cedarman and okmulch showed up at the pigroast and in tow they had some of their fine product with them that they left for me. This was some T&G ERC paneling. I didn't know at the time what I would use it for, so just stowed it safely away in the cabin. I finally got a chance to put some of it to use this week as I redid the washer and dryer closet.  Tammy is having a new washer and dryer delivered this Saturday and the place where the 20 year old pair was in was in really sad condition. Embarrassing in fact. When we would have guests, the first thing we would do is run to the bathroom and shut those doors to hide the eyesore.  Well, as these projects go, nothing is easy. The water supply to the washer had not been turned off in twenty years so the valves were all limed shut.  Anyhow, after three days, I am almost done. The surprise addition for Tammy was the Cedar. I had not told her I was putting that in, so while she was at work yesterday, and hauling the boys JV basketball team last night, Stacy and I went to work on the cedar.

Just like the Flooring we got from Richard several years ago for the Cabin, this stuff was a dream to use because of the excellence of manufacture. Simply a pleasure to work with. The only draw back on installation was my contact allergies to cedar. My arms were a mess when I was done.  Anyhow, Cedarman and okmulch, thanks so much for the gift of that cedar. I think this project turned out very well. :)  I still have to think up a way to use the 150ft or so of it I have left.  8)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

fishpharmer

That turned out nice.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Wow, nice project. :)
I bet Tammy loved it. 8)

Paul_H

Nice!
I like the combination of sap & heart.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Magicman

Very nice looking ERC and a very nice installation job.  Not only will Tammy be proud but it's obvious that you and Stacy are also.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Thank you Jeff for the compliment.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

isawlogs

Nice !! Now she will be running in there  to open the doors  ;D ;) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

She's afraid that the cedar aroma doesn't have a fighting chance against me.

pigman

That looks real nice. 8)

QuoteWhen we would have guests, the first thing we would do is run to the bathroom and shut those doors to hide the eyesore. 
And all this time I just thought the sight of me made you sick. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

customdave

Nice carpenter skills, me want some cedar now too!!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

SwampDonkey

Nice work and nice cedar as well. I have a closet in my upstairs bathroom lined with ER cedar as well. I'm sure Tammy was pleased as peach.  8)

Mother had the highschool where she grew up make her a ER cedar chest years ago, approaching 50 now. She still cherishes it. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR Buck

Jeff,

Did you put any kind of finish or sealer on the cedar or leave it natural?  I'm assuming since it's out of the sunlight it won't turn gray on you and will keep color for a long time.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

northwoods1

I'll bet the 1st thing you do now is run and open them doors when guests show up?? :D :D

isawlogs

Buck , I have yet see any wood turn grey inside , that happens outside when rain and sun hits it.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

I was planning on leaving it natural because I thought that is what you typically do for installations on closets and the like to retain the aromatic properties of the cedar.

ely

just the sun thru a couple windows will turn the cedar over time.

Bill Gaiche

Nice job and looks great to Jeff. I bet your laundry bill goes down. bg

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on December 01, 2010, 09:22:00 AM
I was planning on leaving it natural because I thought that is what you typically do for installations on closets and the like to retain the aromatic properties of the cedar.

Yup, that's the way it's installed.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Planman1954

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Jeff

The Bathroom with it's included laundry closet is the only room in our house without a window. You shut the lights out in there and close the door and its dark in there! Even if you don't shut the door its pretty dark as there is no room across the hall from it.

I'm in the process of finishing up the shelving system. I'll tell you what, after working with this stuff from closetmaid.com I'll never build another solid shelf. What a nice system to work with.

Busy Beaver Lumber

That looks awesome Jeff. You did a great job of installing it. Will have to go see cedarman and get some of his fine wood. He is only about 2 hours from me and it would be nice to hve more cedar to work with in the shop. Not easy to come by in Northern Indiana.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

customsawyer

You done good Jeff. I will not be showing Lorraine this thread.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!