iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

question about edger/planers

Started by bushhog920, February 17, 2011, 03:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushhog920

I have a manual bansaw mill and hate edging in the mill. looking at getting a edger but was thinking a edger/planer might be better do not have to be moble or cut over 2"thick. looked at the ones woodmaster has would they be good at edging for this purpose?

rph816

The woodmasters aren't the best at edging as they really need a "fence" of sorts to feed lumber straight.  With long in/outfeed tables this might be possible, but you're better off with something designed to straight line.  Don't get me wrong, I love my woodmaster, and the gangrip works like a champ, provided one edge is jointed.  This just isn't it's strong suit.

Ryan

woodmills1

you need a jointer to make a straight edge first
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

crowder888

Are you wanting to edge green wood right off the mill or after the wood is dried? 

It is possible to straight line on the Woodmaster with the addition of a sled.  Here is a link to a video showing how it's done:

http://www.youtube.com/user/woodmastertools#p/u/20/9tTdXVSiv9M

Thank You Sponsors!