iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

question about wood mizer eg50

Started by bushhog920, February 18, 2011, 09:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushhog920

anyone used one? what do they cost,what are the pros and cons of one in a small operation

MartyParsons

Hello, We have sold a few of these units and have had good feed back from them. It is heavy built. Fits into a truck bed. The board is guided by the saw kerf, if you push the board or flitch a little to hard and not help to guide the board it may not be straight. You learn pretty quick not to get agressive. We have used it at shows with two guys and it realy speeds up the edging process. You can run it alone also.
Here are the specs below .
Thanks
Marty

EG50  10 hp Briggs
Single Blade edger  $ 3295.00
Blade carbide tiped 10"
Material 
Minimum Thickness .25"
Maximum Thickness  2.25"
Minimum Width 2"
Maximum Width 14"

Length 8'
Width 26"
Height 3' - 4' (Adjustable)
Weight 373 lbs.

here is the youtube link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyAFL6rDOn0&feature=player_embedded
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

bandmiller2

Marty, how well does it work with bark on boath edges? Thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

sdunston

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 20, 2011, 06:38:05 AM
Marty, how well does it work with bark on boath edges? Thanks Frank C.
I seen one at the booneville show working and it did a good job. If you have see in the video after the blade there is a fence that is the with of the kerf and that is what keeps the first cut true, then set the main fence to optain the width you want.Its a table saw with a 10hp gas engine. Most likley my next purchased along with a resaw attachment for my 28(maybe I can get a bundle package on both ( HINT-HINT WM ;D )

thanks  Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

MartyParsons

No problem with bark on both edges, just push through twice,  use the fence on second cut. Fence is adjustable.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!