iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stuck Good

Started by Scott, December 19, 2003, 04:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Follow the link to the picture. The write up below is goes with the picture.

http://www.wildlandfire.com/pics/dozer/canadadozer.jpg

Here's another "don't do this if you can avoid it" photo. The dozer is stuck in the middle of what used to be our pump site. It was coming down a seismic line (along with 2 other Cats) and had to cross the little trickle that we had dammed up for a pump site. The first Cat made it through and then this one got stuck. So with much pushing from behind and tugging from ahead, it eventually made its way out, which was nice because the used-to-be flank of the fire had turned into the head and was bearing down the dozer's location. It took them quite a bit of frigging to get it unglued, and they even managed to snap a cable or two in the process. The fire was in May 2001, near Whitecourt, Alberta.

L. Wakefield

HOHOHO- never did that, don't want to do that- but if ya HAFTA do that, it was ideal to have one in front and one behind on dry land.

Question- how did dozer #3 catch up- make a new road off to the side?   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Keltic

Wow that is stuck well! They were lucky not to lose it, Thanks for the pic

redpowerd

wicked!
is that g i joe?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Stump Jumper

now dat be muden ;D :D ;D :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Scott

L.Wakefield, yes I'd think the other dozer would have went around like you said. the one dozer in front and other in back was really quite a stroke of luck on their part. Take a  look around the rest of the site, i thought there were some good pictures there.

WV_hillbilly

I quess AAA doesn' t offer towing service that far from the highway  ?  :D
Hillbilly

HARD_WATER

looks like he's s.o....l
HARD_WATER

Mark M

I've heard tell of more that one dozer being lost in a black spruce bog. When in high school our logging class just about lost the C-4 Treefarmer when the back wheels went under.

AtLast

OH MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o

Scott

From what I've seen, so long as you can get an excavator in to dig around the machine and get rid of the suction from the mud you can probably get pulled out without too much trouble. Ive never actually seen a dozer stuck but i did see an excavator sunk in a cedar swamp up to the top of the enhine platform. There were two big grapple skidders stuck with it, their blades where all the way up and sitting level with the ground and the res of the machines were in up to the windows on the doors. I didn't have a camera on me that day :'(

Ed_K

Yrs ago I worked for a dozer service in Witchata Falls Tx. we were cleaning a small lake at the bank, and resurfacing the dam. New operator on the job decided to go to the other side to push mud to me, I was running a 3/4 yd dragline. It took me two days to dig that JD 850 out  >:(.
 Ed
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!