iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another stray kitten...

Started by zopi, September 13, 2011, 12:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

Hired a young man the other day...was waiting for tires on my dump truck, and this young lady in the waitong area seemed about to fall apart...her and hubby were about destitute, and definitely desperate...almost homeless, had beet run out of two really bad situations with both their parents....so I took him on as a groundie/day labor, and am looking for a solution to keep a roof over that doesn't pinch me too hard....hard working kid, as long as he has some direction...we are about to jump on the bundled firewood wagon, and I am thonking of setting him up to run the splitting and bundling operation for a little wage and profit share...and have his wife, who has a few talents do some work for my wife and, maybe keep up with the day to day of the firewood end of things...free me up a bit for more sales and marketing, and the things I seem to be talented for....this ought to be interesting.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

submarinesailor

The old Chief still taking care of the young ones.   Good for you.

Bruce

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Autocar

Good deal, nice to hear about other folks that are willing to take a chance with a couple.
Bill

zopi

Yeah...and jist blew the engine on the chipper...anybody got a thirty fove horse wisconsin four...cheap?
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sandhills

When I got started farming my landlords were an older retired couple, they got married and started on their own during the great depression, I can't say enough good things about them.  Someday if things work out with this couple (I truly hope it does), you will have someone talking about you that way, it's great of you to give them a chance, and I hope they both will live up to their end of the deal.  Just a little side note, don't be afraid to help with the "some direction" part a little, Lord knows where I would be without it from my landlords and family, good luck and I hope everything works out for the best!

zopi

It will be alright...I think I am close to selling my mill, and maybe my boat...that will finance my hyd mill and maybe a mew emgine for this chipper...sounds like a rod bearing went...will have to pull it to find out...maybe  a rebuild...I am scouting around to find a cheap decent camper trailer to put these young ins up in, and I will let them work off tue rent, minimal as it is likely to be...and hopefully we will all stay afloat....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!