iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rough cut to flooring

Started by Mad Professor, September 13, 2011, 10:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Professor

Have lots of 5/4 cherry, ash, maple wide boards I want to make into flooring (1" planned w/TG).

Any suggestions on a planer/molder? 

I was thinking a good used Belsaw w/rip attachment.

This will be for my house, not commercial/long term

scsmith42

Either the Baker M412 or one of the Logosol models would work well for you.

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

sawwood

A Woodmaster is a good planer/moulder that will do what you need. It also can be used to rip you lumber into strips
as you mould your profile. Look at the TimberKing add at the left for there phone. I have the 18" unit and it has been
a good one for 5or 6 years.  ps if you can spend a little more git the spiral head cutter for the planer.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

woodmills1

I bought a woodmaster my belsaw is up for grabs
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

park ranger

I made a lot for the upstairs of my house with a shaper with the flooring cutter set from grizzly tools.  It sure took a long time but I had the shaper and the cutters were not that much.  It's been a few years and very few cracks or problems.  If you do go that way let me know and I'll run you thru what I know.
eric

Thank You Sponsors!