iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 350 melted case

Started by smith2bj, November 07, 2011, 11:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smith2bj

I just had a husky 350 given to me.  The guy has hardly used it but while he did the it muffler got loose and melted a hole in the casing where the oiler is at.  Is there anything that I can do to fix it?  J B welding?

Ed

No idea on how to fix, but the muffler coming loose was a common problem on those saws. IIRC, Husky does have a "fix" for it.

Ed

T Welsh

Quote from: Ed on November 07, 2011, 12:58:34 PM
No idea on how to fix, but the muffler coming loose was a common problem on those saws. IIRC, Husky does have a "fix" for it.

Ed

Ed, what was there fix from husky. A guy I work with has all husky saws and he had 3 or 4 of them with this problem,screws backed out and then someone tightens them and strips the threads out of the cylinder.I fixed one of them with a helicoil and that worked. smith2bj, If its just burnt plastic and is still in place and does its job, I would live with the burnt plastic,its only cosmetic :D Tim

smith2bj

well it melted a hole in the oiler under the muffler and I was wondering if I could fix it with j b weld?

w8ye

You have to weld the hole shut. JB Weld will give trouble eventually.

You use String trimmer line as your welding rod.

Try to get all the burned plastic out of the way before you start.
Stihl FS-55R, HS-80-R-24
Echo PB 2400, SRM 2100 SRM 2400

NCFarmboy

Agree with string trimmer line!!  Also clean area w/carb. cleaner or equivalent.  The muffler fix is pop rivet a strap to the cyl. screw the other end to top of muffler or get a 346XP muffler support and cut off or straighten the side that screws into the the case (by the oil cap).  PN: 503-9419-01.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Thank You Sponsors!