iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Minni Saw Mill

Started by Ford_man, December 17, 2011, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_man

I saw a small mill in a farm paper that I get.
The web site is; www.lumbersmith.com

jueston

the idea of using wood for the tracks is interesting, i don't think it would create lumber as true as steal tracks....

but i suppose in the goal of increasing portability you have to make sacrifices...

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

shelbycharger400

at first i thought you were talking about a real mini saw mill,  i downloaded it from youtube a while ago, i will update my post when i find it, but a guy took what i can tell a 6 inch blade and made everything  with a live carrage.

found it in less than 3 minutes..  sawmill education    h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xNwWJwlJgc
i put a space in their so it dosnt load up the forum (unless jeff says i can otherwise)

wood tracks?  yep.. my belsaw has a wood track, but the runners are 1 inch angle iron and flat stock.

jueston

Quote from: shelbycharger400 on December 17, 2011, 08:30:02 PM
at first i thought you were talking about a real mini saw mill,  i downloaded it from youtube a while ago, i will update my post when i find it, but a guy took what i can tell a 6 inch blade and made everything  with a live carrage.

i thought the same thing when i saw the title, that little sawmill is awesome....

jueston

and he still has all his fingers.....

shelbycharger400

after i get this slabber mill done, i just had it running/ cutting 2 days ago, 2 years going into this project, now im putting on a 6 inch electric clutch vrs the 4, my jackshaft is 2 in pulley, anywho, i have a 15 inch heavy hook old school blade and arbor, i want to make a mini mill, for small stuff, and edging, ripping down 10 ft ' ers on a table saw is no fun, and why not have #3 mill , right?

Thank You Sponsors!