iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electronic Throttle control for Timberking 1600

Started by vfauto, January 03, 2012, 03:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfauto

I have a TK 1600 and want to ad a electric throttle control and was wondering if anyone has done this or has any info that would help?

Thank You
Frank
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

Doug Wis

I've got a new 1600 coming and asked the same question. Go to page 4 around nov 30th. several good resposes.
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

vfauto

8)Hi all, well after a year of ownning my TK 1600 I made a couple of modifications yesterday that came out great.In the first couple of pictures are the automatic lubrication shut off valve. The valve is wired in to come on and off with blade clutch.The rest of the pictures are the liner actuator I install so that the throttle can be controlled from the control station.There is a DPDT rocker switch that changes the direction of the actuator located next to the clutch switch.

[img]
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

ladylake

Good pics, the throttle control looks quite a bit like the one my brother put on his TK2000, all mills with a stationary operators control should put them on as stanard equipment.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

LaserZX

Is there a manufacture part number for that Item.    Wonder if
Grainger's might carry that item?

vfauto

Quote from: LaserZX on January 29, 2012, 03:23:47 PM
Is there a manufacture part number for that Item.    Wonder if
Grainger's might carry that item?
Griangers does not have them, I got it on line from http://www.firgelliauto.com/default.php
and the item is 1 x 4" Stroke 200 lbs Force Linear Actuator (FA-240-S-12-4) = $116.99

Doug Wis

VFauto:                   I got my 1600 last week and could see that a remote throttle was esential after sawing 1 log. i had basicly the same setup figured out  before i saw your pictures. Also could see that an automatic lube turn on would work out well too. It must be true that great minds travel the same path. I searched" the surplus center " for  a linear actuator . A little cheaper than your source. I talked to a rep at Kohler and he suggested  disconnecting the throttle cable and installing the actuator on the back side of the engine. i like your setup better cause you can see where the throttle is positioned. Thanks for posting the pictures.
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

ladylake

Not only can you see it, if it stops working and you want to keep sawing just unhook it.  The best $100 or so you can spend on mill improvements.     Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!