iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Common Snapping Turtles

Started by SwampDonkey, February 08, 2004, 10:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Which way to the beaver pond guys?

I've only seen these around beaver ponds and small marshes. They have orange colored bellies. Not too common here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Scott

SD, if you want to see a lot of these turtles then canoe down the neripis river in welsford. My friend and I Kayaked down it last may and saw 4 in about 3 hours. i have some pictures of one around here somewhere. At the time we thought it was a snapper.

SwampDonkey

Scott That's  8)

I've often wondered how these animals can survive our cold. They must be in the mud or under a log or under leaves and weeds for winter. But how do they breath, they aren't like frogs that breath through their skin. Be interesting to find out more on them.

My mud turtle in the picture was 'slow poke', a turtle that used to hang out in the pond in front of the Hugh John Flemming Forestry Centre. He/she showed up there every year. I'm not sure if its still around.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!