iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help... EZ Boardwalk JR.

Started by Ozarkian, February 15, 2012, 09:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

So does mine and the wm is harder to get it just tight enough. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Fil-Dill

Also check to see that your lift cable is setting in the grooves correctley on there pulleys. If the carriage jumps up across something, they can get slack and jump over on top of themselves.
EZ boardwalk 40

Chuck White

In your second pic, it looks like your tire is off the ground.  My money (figuratively speaking) says the tire should be in firm contact with the ground to aid in stability!

Quote from: Fil-Dill on February 16, 2012, 02:44:26 PM
Also check to see that your lift cable is setting in the grooves correctley on there pulleys. If the carriage jumps up across something, they can get slack and jump over on top of themselves.

I was going to mention that too Fil-Dill!
I read OZ's whole manual.
Page 1, item 5
"Never turn lift crank backwards when head is down on stops as cable may overlap.
Cable needs to wrap side by side so blade stays level."

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

1938farmall

that pic with your hand holding the blade;  blade looks VERY dull.  after adjusting things to get the blade parallel to the bed & a new blade on, i'm guessing you will be ok.  also, with the bed leveled both ways, it would be a good time to check the band wheels.  each wheel should be plumb & in-line with each other (use a straight edge across both wheels).
aka oldnorskie

hackberry jake

Adjust your operator side guide to level the Band with the bed. Set the band with the tooth set downward at 2" above the bed. Adjust your scale (ruler) to 2". Thats the only thing I've ever done to mine.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Ozarkian

So I decided to go ahead and test out the EZ Sharpener this afternoon...  I mean - why not?  I've tried everything else I could possibly do... 

Well, low and behold - it's cutting even better than it was prior to the band slipping off!  So, for the past three days the only thing I have accomplished was getting very familiar with all the bolts and nuts on JR...  many times.  :-[

Before:

Clean up...

A little something I love to use, was very useful in Auto Detailing - "Wizards", looks like pink cotton candy and smells like it too...  Kind of like a 0000 Still wool, with a polish compound??

Sharpen time!

Finished! I had some WD-40 and Carb n' Choke cleaner, figured why not??   :)

All in all, I am happy with the outcome.  I just wish I had sharpened all the blades to begin with...  Not embarrassing at all!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[  :D

My advice to anybody else buying used mill or blades...  Make sure the blades are sharp before putting them on!!!! :D  Otherwise...  you'll feel like an idiot after spending three days trying to fix something that wasn't broke to begin with!
13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

cypresskayaksllc

LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

Ozarkian

13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

customsawyer

Most of us have been there. You will learn many more things the hard way. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ladylake

In post 20 your blade was really dull, when you can see light off the tips it's time to sharpen.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Meadows Miller

Gday

What Jake said ;):) Dont worry about it OZ  ;) Is Your sharpener is a hand held one like a modded bench mounted chain grinder Mate  ??? ??? what style and breed of bands are you running as it may pay to touch them up with that once then send the to resharp but I reckon if you get your eye in on it you could get buy with just it but you have to remember that the tip hight has to be consistant and true :) I use to set my bands with an old hand held saw setter it was pretty easy to get a good consistant set on them too  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ozarkian

Meadows, it's the Chainsaw/Bandsaw Sharpener from EZ Boardwalk.  Came with the Mill along with the other tools. 

I have been looking for proper ways to "dress" the grinder, anybody care to share their method?  I am also interested in possibly making a dual tooth setter if anybody has some instructions on how you built your own?

I believe the Blades are the Timber Wolf.  They all appear to be the same, but I don't see any type of labeling on them. 

EastBC, sorry I didn't reply to your earlier comment - I must have overlooked it.  I removed all my photo's that were in my Gallery before because I had uploaded too many.  I had intentions to re-upload the photo's after re-sizing them, but realized it would be too much work.  I am thinking of starting a blog of some sort that I can load unlimited photo's and just uploading "important" photo's to Forestry Forum.  Figured then I will link the blog to my profile here?  I am a big visual person, and have a hard time differentiating whats "important" and what is "overkill".   
13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

Meadows Miller

OZ I get my dressing stones through arsaw.com for about $3 a stick the last time i brought a box was for my uncles a couple of years ago for their saw shop as I dont use them much these days as I run TCT Circs I use to just give it a tickle up when it looked like it needed it to you dont need to be heavy handed with them   ;) they will just post you out what you need Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Bill Gaiche

You are doing what most people do when you cant idenify the real problem. A bandmill is pretty simple, at the same time everything about being level, square and bands being sharp are most critical to proper milling. It takes experience, time and a little luck to keep your mill cutting well for you. You have now experienced what a dull band will do and now you will know what to check first next time. But next time a band may not be the problem for uneven cuts. You will go through that problem again with the same results. Trial and error. You are probably helping someone else at this very time with problems such as yours on there mill.Your doing just fine for a first time sawyer so dont let those little things get you down. Good luck and keep on posting photos. bg

Migal

Maybe Trapezoid wood is the next enterprise!  8)

Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

ladylake

Nice little 3 cylinder diesel, how many HP and is it  going on a mill.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Migal

Yes Steve it will be the power plant for my sawmill. It is a 34 Hp Cat.
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Thank You Sponsors!