iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

white pine bd/ft?

Started by wheelinguy, February 19, 2012, 08:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelinguy

Was wondering what white pine is going for a bd ft?  Someone wants to trade a good pile of logs for a truck bed and we need to make sure that we aren't coming out losers!  Big trees, going to board and batten siding.

Peter Drouin

.30 to .40 a bf  most times .32 a bf in NH gel to the mill :) thats with 2" knots  the biger the knot like 4" is .10 a bf box wood, junk :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

TimGA

Wheelinguy,       A friend and I just picked up 3400 bf in Greenville Tenn finished 12 inch tongue and groove, it is called Car siding. It is blank on one side and V groove in middle of other side. He paid .99 bf it came from Maine, all strapped and bundled, we took it to Illonios where it will be his ceiling and walls in his new cabin. It was beautiful.  Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

rockman

Timga, Good thing you didn't have to pay for it by the mile... :D :D

Kevin
kioti ck-20 loader backhoe, box blade, disk, log arch
Husqvarna 455 rancher
Lincoln Ranger 10,000 welder

TimGA

Rockman,   About 160 miles out of the way, not to bad. But your right fuel is defintely a factor to consider makes bf price go up fast. Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

bandmiller2

I get .50 a BF for pine 1.00 for oak, sure makes my math easy. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Bogue Chitto

I also get .50  a Bd Ft.  and 1.00 for oak is Louisiana.

petefrom bearswamp

.55 to .60/ bd ft FOB for the lumber at my  mill here in central NY.
I paid .25 for the logs Doyle scale delivered to my yard.
They were small to medium sized logs and got a good over run.
Mostly 1x8 to 1x10 lumber.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!